I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I am still in the exciting process of designing my A Sweet Pea Chef apron to share with you guys. I finally have a finished logo which I’m very happy with. I hope you like it too!
What do you think? Feel free to share in the comments. I am now trying to decide on aprons and apron design. It’s actually pretty intricate stuff once you start looking into it. If you happen to have any experience with aprons or advice on what company to use, I’d love to hear it.
As for my plans for this weekend, Dustin and I are *surprise surprise* trying to jam as much California living into this month of November before the big move. On tap for this weekend: day trip to Julian, California. If you’ve never heard of Julian, you’re probably not alone. It’s this tiny, cute, old little gold mining town out in the mountains of San Diego. Oh–and did I mention it is known for its apple pies? Need I say more? Didn’t think so.
Naturally, Dustin and I wanted to make one last trip out to Julian to enjoy the quaint town, drink some hot apple cider, eat some pie and take some pictures. Hopefully I can share my pictures with you in another post.
In other news… dishfolio is finally live! I’d love for you to check it out. Feel free to submit your recipes, browse through some great photos or drool over others. I really appreciate your support and would love to see you join the dishfolio community!
For this Saturday’s post, I’d like to share some of my favorite food blog posts from the past week. I received a lot of positive feedback from you all for my round-up posts, so I try to incorporate one at least once a month or so. I think I had a sweet tooth when putting together this list, but the posts I chose looked too delicious to pass up. I hope you enjoy!
- I’m not sure if I love Tartlette’s blog more for her recipes or for her photography. That woman has some serious skills with both. I often joke to Dustin and say Tartlette is how I want to take photographs when I grow up. And it’s so true. If you haven’t checked out her site, you’re in for a treat. Her recent post on Spiced Poached Pears with Warm Chocolate Sauce and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream caught my eye, as her recipes usually do, and I wanted to share it with you guys.
- I’m always on the look-out for tasty, easy biscuit recipes. I saw these Cream Biscuits with Prosciutto and Parmesan Cheese by Cookin’ Canuck and knew they were a keeper. I love the combination of the prosciutto and parmesan in a cream biscuit.
- I’ve been meaning to make some homemade blueberry muffins for the longest time, but they somehow keep slipping down on my to-do list. Cooking Book’s recipe for Cornmeal Blueberry Muffins rekindled my blueberry-muffin-flame, so I thought I’d write about it. These muffins look delicious and I love the family memories she shares about these muffins.
- Now that Halloween is over, you’d think my sweet tooth would have been satiated enough. You’d think. But…not so much. Just one look at these Delicious Flavored Candy Apples by Bakingdom and I started drooling. Plus, I think her photos are so crisp. Great job.
- Last, but not least, here’s a tasty-looking fall soup recipe. I love soups during this season, especially rich pumpkin soup like this Harvest Pumpkin Soup by The Parsley Thief.
Want more easy recipes?
If so, sign up now to receive a FREE copy of my eCookbook with 40 original ASPC recipes. Plus, get emails with even more easy recipes and cooking tips. Sign up now!