I don’t usually like to tell you guys what to do. I figure you are welcome to try my recipes if you find them interesting.
But, this fish recipe is different. This recipe will blow your mind.
Out of all the food I’ve cooked, this is probably the recipe I have made the most ever in my kitchen. In fact, I bet I’ve made it at least 30 times in the past 5 years. Now, that’s saying something.
In addition to the salmon always coming out perfectly delicious, this fool-proof recipe is very easy to follow, yet looks super impressive. How awesome is that?
The combination of the brown sugar, cinnamon and cumin in this rub is wondrous. Please try it.
Wondrous, I tell you.
Want more proof? Check out this video of me cooking this very recipe:
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. dry mustard
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, dry mustard and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the salmon in running water to remove any loose scales and then gently pat them dry using a paper towel. Remove all excess water prior to adding the rub.
- Rub the spice mixture on the top side (non-skin) of the salmon fillets.
- Heat an oven-proof fry pan over high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and allow to get hot. Place the fillets, rub-side down, in the hot oil. The fish should sizzle.
- When the fish releases easily (doesn't stick to the pan) and the rub side is nicely browned, about 2-4 minutes, carefully flip the fillets over and transfer pan to the oven.
- Roast the salmon until it flakes easily with a fork (insert a fork and gently twist -- if the fish looks flaky, it's ready), about 5-8 minutes.
Want more easy recipes?
If so, sign up now to receive a FREE copy of my eCookbook with 40 original ASPC recipes. Plus, get emails with even more easy recipes and cooking tips. Sign up now!