Welcome to my latest Weekend Round-Up!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend and staying cool from the heat.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with my Weekend Round-Up posts, once a month or so, I post links to some of my favorite food blogs. I choose the links based on a particular blogger’s recipe, an awesome photo, a well-written post or all of the above. My hope is to help spread the blog love and to help you find some great food reads out there. Because they are a plenty.
By the way, it’s come to my attention that I have been nominated for Babble’s Top 100 Food Mom Blog award. Hooray! If you’d like to vote for me, please go here. Thanks for your support
and I apologize for this shameless self plug!
So, without further ado, here’s the Round-Up:
- I recently found Food Plus Words on dishfolio where Jaclyn has been posting some great recipes and photos. One of her latest submissions was Gingerbread Cake Bars with Espresso Ermine Frosting. Umm…yes, please! Check out Jaclyn’s site for this delicious-looking recipe. I just love the flavors she uses — makes me wish for the holidays.
- Jessica over at Chockohlawtay posted a recipe for healthy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Krispy Treats. To make them healthy, she uses whole grain, no sugar, fat free brown rice cereal, protein powder and 100% unsweetened cacao powder — not to mention she doesn’t add butter or lots of sugar, like the original recipe dictates. I can’t wait to try these tasty treats.
- I recommend checking out A Spicy Perspective‘s recipe for San Francisco Cioppino. Not only does her Cioppino look superb, but Sommer provides great tips and discusses a bit of the history behind the detectable dish. Makes me miss San Francisco!
- If you’re ever looking for great vegan recipes, I highly recommend checking out For the Love of Food. I am particularly impressed by her recent post on the Perfect Protein Salad, which looks quite tasty and nutritious.
- Last, but not least, please check out Snippets of Thyme for some great photography and recipes, like her recent post on Homemade Linguine with Crawfish and Herbed Cream Sauce which looks amazing. In her post, Sarah also discusses her experiences making homemade pasta, which is surprisingly easy and fun.
There you have it! By the way, if you know of a great blog you’d like to share, just leave the link in the Comments and I’d love to check it out. I’m always on the hunt for new blogs to add to my Round-Ups.
If you’re interested in finding more awesome food blogs, check out dishfolio.com for over 5,000 tasty recipes, hundreds of food bloggers and amazing food photography.