Welcome to my new series on How To Start A Food Blog!
I often get emails with questions from aspiring food bloggers about how to start their own food blog. Some of the topics people have asked me include: how to market an existing blog, how to choose a web designer, a logo, ads and more.
So, I thought I’d put together a little series here on my blog to help you folks who are either wanting to start your own blog but don’t know how, or want to improve your existing blog and take it to the next level.
Since creating my blog over a year ago, I’ve learned tons of information about how to start a food blog and I’d like to share it with you. I went from having no clue what a blog even was to now getting over 1600 visitors a day and over 1500 newsletter subscribers (thank you!).
Plus, if there is enough interest in this series, I hope to also provide further in-depth instruction and personalized feedback for a selected number of participants. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please let me know.
Topics I plan to discuss in this series include:
- How to decide what type of blog you will be: Are you looking to earn money, have a simple recipe index, or just chronicle your cooking adventures?
- How to design your own site: From layout to plugins, what do you want to include on your site?
- How to create an online persona: From how to share your “self” to creating a social media profile
- How to choose a hosting site: The advantages and disadvantages of hosting your own site and other available options
- Google Analytics: What these are, why we use them and how they can help you
- Marketing your blog: Once you’re live, how to get traffic to your site
- How to earn money with your blog: From Google AdSense to getting your own ads, how to earn money doing what you love
And much, much more. I have high hopes for this new series and hope you do, too. If you have certain questions you’d like covered, please feel free to email me or comment on this post.
So, what do you think? Are you interested in finally getting around to starting your own (food) blog? I hope to help you take the necessary and correct steps towards success.
I hope you find this content helpful. Please contact me if you’d like more in-debth, hands-on assistance, as I also offer consulting services to help you get started or to improve your current blog.
Here’s to doing what you love!