I said in my recent post on How To Make Pumpkin Puree that I’d share my Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe, so here it is!
Especially this time of year, I love a good pumpkin muffin.
For me, there’s something very special about the combination of pumpkin, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. (Um…and a latte at Starbucks, but that’s an entirely different post!)
The flavor combination is something that, if you ask me, just doesn’t nearly get appreciated enough throughout the rest of the year. Kinda like eggnog and, well, giving me gifts for that matter. Heehee.
These pumpkin spice muffins come out soft, moist, dense and delicate. I have made them both as regular-sized muffins and as jumbo muffins and both are tasty.
Muffins are so darn easy to make, too. You barely need more than a muffin tin, a large bowl and a mixing spoon. I mean, c’mon, right? It’s pretty much effortless baking at its best.
You don’t need to roast your own pumpkin for this recipe, but I highly recommend it. Might as well enjoy the fresh pumpkin while it’s still around!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. plus ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, 1 cup sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, 1 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, salt and ginger. Stir to combine. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir just until incorporated.
- Pour mixture in muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tbsp. sugar and remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon. Generously sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over batter.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Want more easy recipes?
If so, sign up now to receive a FREE copy of my eCookbook with 40 original ASPC recipes. Plus, get emails with even more easy recipes and cooking tips. Sign up now!