Yay, it’s the weekend! I hope you are all having a fabulous Saturday. Dustin and I will celebrate our 6-year wedding anniversary tomorrow. Very exciting.
Thanks to all the positive feedback I received from my last Weekend Favorites post, I have decided to make this a recurring kinda thing. I’m still working on the name…not sure what to call it. Any suggestions?
On to the fun stuff! Here’s a compilation of some great reads from around the food blog world over the past week. I hope you take some time to check out these sites and all they have to offer. There are some big names this week in my Round-Up. Here we go!
- I love homemade pancakes. I love blueberry pancakes. I love butter. I love….blueberry butter?!? How have I never thought of this? Thank you, Ashley, from Not Without Salt for posting Pancakes with Blueberry Butter this week. It looks so simple and I am eagerly anticipating the next time I make pancakes. Yum!
- Okay, so you may know I wanted to make homemade jam this summer. Have I yet? [cue crickets chirping] Not yet, sadly. Well, Lindsay and Taylor over at Love and Olive Oil have totally shown me up by canning a gazillion different goodies this summer. Some of their intriguing concoctions include Apricot Riesling Jam, Sweet Basil Jelly and Pear Ginger Preserves. Check them all out.
- Even friends of mine who don’t know anything about food, blogs or cooking know about The Pioneer Woman. It’s crazy. Ree earns her keep for sure by posting delicious and lovely recipes like this week’s Homemade Cinnamon Bread. Check out how perfect her loaf comes out! She’s amazing.
- I’m not usually a big chocolate person, usually preferring fruit over chocolate (I know, I’m crazy). But, ever since I read Joanne’s post on Double Chocolate Layer Cake, I cannot stop thinking about getting my hands on some chocolate. Her cake looks so moist and full of chocolate-y goodness. *Swoon*
- Reading Tina’s post this week on Tomato Salad almost made me get in my car and drive back to my hometown (Ojai, California, in case you were curious) for a fresh tomato salad from Boccali’s Pizza. I love that Tina leaves her salad simple — just the way it should be! So delicious.
- I keep seeing homemade popsicle recipes everywhere on various blogs this summer, but Joy the Baker’s Raspberry and Goat’s Milk Yogurt Popsicles look so good and, well, different. Maybe it’s her modeling skills that have persuaded me. I really want to try them out. Who’s with me?
As always, I want to thank you for visiting. I welcome your comments, questions, recipe suggestions and food stories. Here’s to doing what you love!
LIKE THIS POST?
If so, join our newsletter to receive even more easy recipes, tips on cooking, photography, starting your own food blog and more! Plus, you'll get a FREE copy of my eBook that features our favorite recipes from this blog. Sign up now!