I must admit that I, Lacey Baier, have not always liked sweet BBQ sauce.
In fact, I used to hate it. I mean…as much as one can hate BBQ sauce.
*Translation: I’d eat it but complain it was too sweet (much to my husband’s dismay).
But, something miraculous happened over the past couple of years: I started to develop a taste for it.
Nay — a preference — for it.
While I used to prefer a stronger, more acidic kinda sauce (like this one), I now like the sweeter, deeper flavored BBQ style.
Now, I also like my barbecue to have some heat. Not a lot. But some.
Enter this Sweet BBQ Sauce recipe. It’s sweet. It’s flavorful. It’s got some heat. It’s so very good.
Try it on keilbasa or ribs or tri-tip or wings or a spoon…I think you’ll enjoy it. We sure do!
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tbsp. brown sugar
- 1½ tsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. ground mustard
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the above ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine well.
- Refrigerate at least 15-20 minutes prior to using, if possible.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts