Okay, how have I never made fresh peach cobbler before? Seriously, what’s wrong with me? Who am I?
Fresh peaches? Yes. Sugary-golden cobbler crust? Yup. Super duper easy recipe? Yeah. Summery sweet goodness? Absolutely. It meets all my requirements!
This summer has been full of great eats in the kitchen for me, thanks to My Summer List. I’ve made Blueberry Crumble Pie, Watermelon Sorbet and Sweet Cherry Pie, to name a few. As far as I see it, I’m batting 100 here because they have all been wonderful. What an amazing summer! Though, I really need to get this sweet tooth of mine checked out soon. Or…maybe not.
Oh, did I forget to mention I got to use my new birthday present with this recipe?? Woohoo! Thanks again, Dustin, for the best gift ever. **cough** You still have the rest of my wish list memorized, though, right, sweetie? **cough**
This cobbler recipe is super easy. Super. Easy. I kid you not. It will take you less than 15 minutes to prepare and likely even less than that to devour — if you’re anything like Dustin and me.
I, of course, had to make my go-to Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream to go with the cobbler. Cuz I’m like that. There’s really no question. Ever.
I think I’ll add some oats and/or chopped walnuts to the cobbler crust next time to add a little more texture to the dessert. Also, I decreased the amount of sugar from 2 total cups to 1 1/2 cups because I thought it was a little sweet. It happens….sometimes.
Otherwise, this was another winner.
I hope you are all enjoying the last few moments of summer!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar, divided into ¾ cup each
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups (about 4 large) fresh yellow peaches, cut into slices
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large baking dish or dutch oven.
- Combine flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder and kosher salt in a medium bowl. Add milk and stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated. Without stirring, pour batter over melted butter.
- Heat remaining ¾ cup sugar, fresh peach slices, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook until sugar has melted and all ingredients are fully mixed. Without stirring, pour the peach mixture over the batter. Don't worry: the crust will form over the peaches during baking. Sprinkle cobbler crust with additional cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake cobbler for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler along with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, if desired.
Take control of your food
Get my FREE guide on How To Start Eating Clean!