It’s getting to be that time of year when we start thinking about soups and stews and lattes and warm, filling holiday goodness in our tummies.
That is, before we step outside and get hit in the face with 100 degree weather. In September. Awesome.
But I digress. Fall is upon us and that means two things in my world: cooking fall foods and, well, eating fall foods. Oh yeah — and school and football, but those come second to the food. I mean, this is ME we are talking about here.
Many of the foods I make and enjoy during the holidays and, really, all year-round, involve using a stick blender (also called an immersion blender). So, in case you don’t own one, I wanted to talk about why this is one of my favorite kitchen tools. In fact, I’ve listed 7 reasons why they absolutely rock.
7 Reasons Why Stick Blenders Rock
- You can blend soups and stews and sauces right in the pot without having to transfer back and forth to a blender or food processor.
- You can avoid the inevitable blender explosion of fiery lava all over your hands and face because, inevitably, the blender knows the contents are too hot to handle and wants to get rid of it any way it can.
- Less clean-up — stick blenders are super easy to clean, as opposed to blenders and food processors (*blenders and food processors, please note that I still love you to pieces, but I’m trying to make a point here).
- You can totally make a Starbucks-quality latte at home using a stick blender and the microwave.
- See number 4 because it is that awesome of a reason.
- Stick blenders are light, easy to handle and can be cordless.
- If it needs to be pureed, whipped, emulsified, beaten or smoothied, your stick blender can do the job.
So, in honor of the amazing tool that is the stick blender, I thought it’d be fun to have a giveaway of — wait for it — 3 STICK BLENDERS! Hooray! I will be randomly choosing 3 — that’s right: three — lucky winners to receive one of these blending beauties.
This giveaway is paid for by Dustin and me as a big THANK YOU for your continued support of my blog. To enter, all you gotta do is log into Rafflecopter (below) and join my newsletter. Then, you can earn extra entries to win for doing other stuff like liking my page on Facebook, following me on Twitter, etc. You can even earn extra super special points for your friends who enter so make sure to share the giveaway using the Rafflecopter “Share This” links below, too!
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts