This shake is my newest breakfast obsession. It contains two of my very favorite things: coffee and almond butter. And then it just keeps getting better with the chocolate and cinnamon.
Almond butter is so yummy. If you haven’t tried it before, I highly recommend. It’s pretty much what you’d expect it to taste like and is a nice change from peanut butter. You could totally make this shake with peanut butter, but I like the extra nuttiness from the almond butter.
I’ve pretty much been finding ANY reason to eat almond butter lately. My current preferred ways are to either spread it on a sliced banana with a little cinnamon or this here tasty protein shake.
If the coffee beans freak you out, you can also just use 1 tbsp. brewed coffee. The coffee bean idea came to me when I really wanted the shake but was too lazy to brew a pot of coffee. It happens.
And the result was glorious.
This shake has become my little treat when Dustin is traveling for work. Since he doesn’t like coffee, he doesn’t much care for this shake. So, while he’s gone, I have this yummy coffee almond and chocolate heaven to look forward to.
Can you feel the tastiness?
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-4 coffee beans or 1 tbsp. brewed coffee cold
- 5-8 ice cubes
- Starting with the almond milk, place all the ingredients into a blender. Depending on your blender’s settings, first start on the chop mode to chop up the ice and coffee beans, followed by pureeing the mixture to create a smooth, even consistency.
- In order to get your preferred consistency, you can also start by not adding any ice, following the other steps above. Once all other ingredients are mixed together, slowly add the ice, mix and then test. Continue to add more ice cubes until the desired consistency is met.
- If too thick, you can add some more vanilla milk, little by little.