These 16 Delicious Avocado Recipes incorporate the heart-healthy, power-packed avocado. Satisfy your craving and your nutritional needs in each delicious bite.
In case you’ve found yourself with extra avocados on hand that you don’t want to waste, I wanted to share this post on why avocados are so amazing along with my fave avocado recipes. Personally, if I have them and they’re ripe, I try to eat at least 1/2 an avocado every day. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also packed with essential nutrients. More on that below!
ARE AVOCADOS HEALTHY?
Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse. They are full of good fats. To be exact, one serving of avocado (one-third of a fruit) provides 5g of monounsaturated fat and 1g of polyunsaturated fat. Replacing bad fats (the saturated kind) with good fats is even more effective at reducing the risk of heart disease than lowering your fat intake altogether.
Avocado aids digestion and contains vitamin K, among other vitamins, essential for bone health. Potassium, magnesium, folate, and beta-carotene are other essential nutrients found in avocados. The fruit also contains phytochemicals that provide antioxidants crucial to eye health. So, this means enjoy avocado in many ways!
HOW TO CHOOSE AN AVOCADO
I love the Hass avocado. Look for hard, green fruit and ripen them on the counter over the next few days. If you need to use the fruit in a recipe today, purchase one that is brown but still has a greenish tinge and is soft to the touch. If it’s mushy, it’s too far gone.
HOW TO STORE FRESH AVOCADO
Storing your avocado will depend on the ripeness and other factors. Avocados tend to turn brown (or oxidize) when cut. Adding an acidic agent (like lemon) and putting the avocado in an airtight container can help to preserve the yummy green flesh of the fruit.
- Fresh cut ripe avocado – sprinkle the cut fruit flesh with lemon or lime and store in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or just wrap in a very super airtight wrapping
- Fresh cut unripe avocado – if you cut the fruit and realize it is not yet ripe, sprinkle it with lemon, place the two halves back together, and store in an airtight container in the fridge, checking periodically for ripeness
- Ripe uncut avocado – ripe and uncut, the fruit will last 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator
- Unripe and uncut avocado – green avocados can take 4 to 5 days to ripen at room temperature
WAYS TO USE AVOCADO
Avocados are a fiber-rich fruit that can boost your daily fruit intake while providing nutritional and health benefits. Consider these healthy uses when looking for ways to add avocado to your diet:
- Instead of mayonnaise or sour cream, use avocado as a spread
- Make a smoothie extra creamy with avocado
- Look for recipes that substitute butter or eggs for avocado
- Use avocado instead of oil when baking
- Add as a filler in baked goods
- Replace butter or cheese with avocado in a wrap or sandwich
AVOCADO BREAKFAST RECIPES
Avocado is an excellent choice at any time of day, but I especially love it for breakfast, don’t you?
AVOCADO DIPS RECIPES
Avocados are low in sugar, and that’s good. They are high in flavor, though, and make a great hummus or dip! Take a look:
- Easy Avocado Hummus (pictured)
- Perfect Guacamole
AVOCADO APPETIZERS RECIPES
Avocados are a great superfood and make a healthy addition to any appetizer or meal!
AVOCADO SALAD RECIPES
Avocados are turning up everywhere! I love them in salads. Make your favorite for lunch.
- Chicken Cobb Mason Jar Salad (pictured)
- Steak Cobb Salad With Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Healthy Taco Salad
- End of Summer Salad With Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Apple and Gorgonzola Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
AVOCADO TACO RECIPES
The creaminess of avocado goes so well with the spiciness of a taco!
AVOCADO WRAP RECIPES
What is the best addition ever to your favorite sandwich? Avocado, of course.
- Avocado, Turkey, and Hummus Wrap (pictured)
AVOCADO BOWL RECIPES
To make a bowl recipe that much more delicious and nutritional, add avocado.
- Turkey Taco Lunch Bowl (pictured)
- High Protein Chicken Bowl With Cashew Lime Crema
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Low Carb Turkey Burger Bowl With Sriracha Mayo
MORE EASY AVOCADO RECIPES
A lot of my favorite entrees include creamy avocado slices and chunks.
- Spicy Cauliflower Burgers With Sweet Potato Bun (pictured)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Spicy Quinoa and Black Bean Vegan Enchiladas
- Butternut Squash Instant Pot Chili
AVOCADO DESSERT RECIPES
Avocado for dessert? You betcha!
- Easy No-Churn Avocado Ice Cream (pictured)
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES WITH AVOCADO
Can’t get enough of this heart-healthy nutrient-filled green fruit? For more ways to put avocado in your day, look here:
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Mason Jar Salad Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 14 Smoothie Freezer Packs
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
One thought on “16 Delicious Avocado Recipes You’ve Gotta Try”
Yay!!!!!! I almost always find myself wasting some of my avocados, so this is nice to now have ways to NOT waste them!
Comments are closed.