Making pancakes has never been easier with these banana oat blender pancakes. Learn how to use a blender to make these easy blender pancakes. This post is sponsored by Horizon Organic.
The other day, I was in the kitchen with Jordan, my 8 year old, and I said I felt like having pancakes.
She quickly ran to the pantry and sadly announced we don’t have any pancake mix.
I realized this was a teaching moment to show her how you don’t need pancake mix to make pancakes. Heck, you don’t even need flour!
Jordan was super confused. Why did I need a blender for pancakes? Then, I added the ingredients into the blender, blended it, and started making BLENDER PANCAKES.
“Wow,” she said. Yep: Wow!
And then we enjoyed some tasty banana oat blender pancakes.
How To Make Blender Pancakes
Using a blender to make pancakes is awesome. Not only are they super easy, but you can add all sorts of flavors you might not have originally tried because you can purée it all together. If you don’t have a kitchen blender, you could also use a food processor. And, shoot, if you don’t have a food processor or a blender, you could just mash everything together and just have non blended pancakes — they’ll be pretty lumpy, but the flavors will be tasty.
To make blender pancakes, you just need a liquid, a binder, and whatever flavors you’d like to add. In these banana oat blender pancakes, I use Horizon Organic whole milk and whole fat Greek yogurt for the liquid, an egg, rolled oats, and a banana for a binder, and some cinnamon and vanilla extract for flavor. It’s so easy.
In other words: All real ingredients, nothing processed.
What Are Oat Flour Pancakes?
One of the absolute coolest things about these easy pancakes is that they use oat flour…by blending oats!
This means we can use whole rolled oats for the base which adds fiber, protein, and other nutrients. The oat flour replaces any need for regular flour which, especially in most store bought pancake mixes, is just bleached, highly refined all purpose flour.
How To Make Banana Oat Blender Pancakes Gluten Free
If you’d like to make these blender pancakes gluten free, you would just need to use gluten free rolled oats instead of regular oats. Otherwise, all the other ingredients in these pancakes are gluten free.
- 1 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup Horizon Organic whole milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for greasing pan
- pure maple syrup, for topping
- banana slices, for topping
- fresh raspberries, for topping
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Once the pan is hot, pour approx. 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook the pancake for 2-4 minutes, until the edges begin to turn from shiny to dull and bubbled appear in the center of that pancake.
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, you can drizzle with some pure maple syrup and top with fresh raspberries and sliced bananas.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend. This post is sponsored by Horizon Organic.