By now, I hope you’ve had a chance to try out my other protein shake recipes. If you missed those posts, here they are:
- Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Protein Shake
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Peach Protein Shake
- Green Protein Smoothie
- Almond Butter, Chocolate & Coffee Bean Protein Shake
- Orange Protein Shake
As you know, Dustin and I enjoy a shake most every morning. They’re a great way to have a quick, tasty breakfast that is nutritious and filling.
I’ve also started getting more and more into strength training lately (now that I’m not super pregnant!) so having extra protein in these yummy shakes is really helpful to build muscle.
Since we make so many shakes, you can imagine I’ve come up with a lot of different recipes. I decided to post my favorites on the blog first. Not only does this allow me to share them with you, but I get to quickly look them up on my phone in the morning while I’m assembling the ingredients.
If you have any suggestions for tasty ways to make protein shakes, please share in the comments.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder I recommend this protein
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3-4 ice cubes as needed for thicker texture
- 1 tsp raw honey optional for added sweetness
- Starting with the almond milk, place all the ingredients into a blender. Depending on your blender’s settings, first start on the chop mode to chop up the ice and frozen blueberries, followed by pureeing the mixture to create a smooth, even consistency.
- In order to get your preferred consistency, you can also start by not adding any ice, following the other steps above. Once all other ingredients are mixed together, slowly add the ice, mix and then test. Continue to add more ice cubes until the desired consistency is met.
- If too thick, you can add some more almond milk, little by little. If not sweet enough, add a little more honey.