I’m all alone in my household of four.
No one else enjoys cucumbers. Or cherry tomatoes.
No one, but me.
Sometimes, I just have to celebrate my cucumber-and-cherry-tomato-loving-ways.
And sneak in things like this Cherry Tomato and Cucumber Salad.
Even if I’m the only one who eats it, it’s still darn tasty.
- 2 cucumbers
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes about 2 cups, quartered
- 1/4 large red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt to taste
- pinch of ground black pepper to taste
- Slice off both ends of the cucumbers. Using a vegetable peeler or zester, partially peel the cucumbers, leaving alternating strips of peel on each cucumber. Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully remove the seeds and discard. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Combine vinegars, lemon juice and olive oil in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion. Add vinegar mixture to the cucumber mixture and gently toss to coat. Season to taste with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow flavors to meld.