Welcome to Day 7 of the Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge!
It’s the last day of our challenge and it’s been so awesome.
I love how taking small steps can lead to real, lasting change.
Congratulate yourself on how far you’ve come this week 🙂
Let’s finish strong with our last lunch — you did SO awesome!
Before you go and enjoy the bowl, I’d love for you to head on over to the Take Back Your Health Community and share what lunch you’ve enjoyed the most this week!
If you want more help…
If you’re ready for a little bit of extra help with meal plans, delicious recipes and shopping lists to make healthy eating easy…
Then check out the 30 Day Healthy Program. In the program, you’ll receive 30 days of awesome, delicious, tasty food plus healthy living inspiration, all delivered to your inbox.
Thanks again for participating in this challenge – I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as we have. It’s always nice to have a little kick to jumpstart or reinforce your healthy lifestyle.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- green onions sliced
- sesame seeds
To make the rice, add the uncooked rice and low sodium chicken broth to a deep pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- To make the chicken, heat olive oil in large, oven-safe skillet over high heat. Season chicken with sea salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place chicken into the skillet and cook until golden-brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4-6 minutes per side. Slice the chicken into bite-size cubes and set aside. Set aside.
- Once hot, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then, add the broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is almost tender and bright green. Set aside to cool.
In a medium saucepan, combine low sodium soy sauce, raw honey, minced garlic, minced fresh ginger, apple cider vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and stir to combine.
- To prepare the bowl, add a layer of steamed brown rice at the bottom, then the sautéed broccoli, followed by the chicken in teriyaki sauce, followed by sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Then, drizzle with the delicious teriyaki sauce over the top and and enjoy.
Thanks so much for watching and participating in this spring into health lunch challenge. I hope you have enjoyed yourself and been inspired to get on track with healthy eating, starting with a well balanced and delicious lunch to get you though the day.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts