As you can probably imagine, we do a lot of dinner research in our house.
And, when I say “research,” I mean trying new recipes, testing times to make sure tasty meals are under 45 minutes, updating old favorites, and – yep – eating a lot of new meals.
I do enjoy my research.
One very awesome benefit from all this research is it has brought my family some very delicious dinners into our weeknight dinner routine. One extremely yummy dinner is the Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce and Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
And another new favorite is this Dijon-Roasted Chicken And Carrots. Oh my goodness, this meal is tasty.
Ad healthy. And super fast. And incredibly simple to make.
I hope you enjoy this gem as much as we do!
Dijon-Roasted Chicken And Carrots
People in No-Fail Meals tell me all the time just how amazed they are at the flavors and ease of this recipe. I hope to hear from you as well! 🙂
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs can also use chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice approx.1 lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 8 carrots at an angle, sliced on the bias
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, dijon mustard, lemon juice, kosher salt, pepper, and dried thyme and mix to evenly coat the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the hot skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes until well-browned. Flip the chicken over, turn off heat, and add the carrots on and around the chicken in the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (when pierced with fork, juices run clear and not reddish-pink).
- Carefully remove from oven and serve.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
This post was last updated on 2/13/16 to include new images.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts