Mornings are super busy in our house. Between getting the kids ready for school, prepping the bag for the gym, packing lunches for the girls, and remembering to brush everyone’s hair and teeth, I could use any help I can get to make my mornings easier.
That’s why I love overnight oats. I can prep them the night before so, the next morning, my family can enjoy a high protein, nutritious meal together without any hassle.
Plus, they’re super healthy and really delicious. You can get really creative, too, and make tasty flavor combinations (like these dark chocolate and peanut butter overnight oats) or comforting faves (like these banana nut overnight oats).
The possibilities really are endless once you start thinking about it.
And what a great way to enjoy a rich, sweet, and delicious peach cobbler, but without all the refined flour, butter, and sugar!
I often get asked how to prepare them in the morning – Do you eat them hot or cold? Can they get microwaved? And my answer is: YES! The beauty of overnight oats is they can be eaten hot or cold, however you prefer. And, assuming you prepared them in a microwave-safe container, they are great when microwaved as well.
Personally, I like mine cold, straight from the fridge. But I also like my apple pie cold. And my pumpkin pie cold. So that might just be me… Try them for yourself and wee which way you prefer!
Fresh Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats Standard Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup 1% milk*
- 1/2 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 fresh peach pitted and sliced
- Add the oats and the low-fat milk into a container that we will later place into the fridge overnight.
- Next, add a layer of the greek yogurt, then the honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Follow that with a layer of the sliced peaches right on top.
- Place this in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 4-5 hours. The longer the better since we really want those flavors to meld together and those oats to absorb all the liquid.
- Then, in the morning, just grab the jar from fridge, stir, and enjoy.
- You can eat this cold right out of the fridge which is what we like to do, or you can heat it up in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes and enjoy hot.
*While this recipe calls for regular milk, almond milk could easily be substituted (and is still very delicious!) for non-dairy diets.