Green Protein Smoothie
It took me quite a while to finally try adding spinach to one of my morning protein shakes.
I mean, I love spinach and all…but…in my smoothie???
Then, on a wild and crazy whim, I decided to just go for it.
And it was super good!
For this green protein smoothie, I use a frozen banana, peanut butter (because: yum!), coconut milk, and fresh baby spinach along with the vanilla protein powder. The color turns a pretty green so you can start feeling all goddess-like, if you’re into that sort of thing.
If you’d like, you could swap or half-and-half the spinach with fresh, raw kale.
It’s really pretty darn tasty…it will leave you feeling satisfied, refreshed, rejuvenated, and nourished for sure. Which is pretty much anything you can ask for in a protein smoothie.
I’ve yet to jump on the kale in my smoothie bandwagon, but it’s not far off in the distance. I even finally got Dustin to try this spinach green protein smoothie so anything’s possible, if you ask me.
If you’d like more protein shakes and smoothie recipes, check out the following:
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Almond Butter, Coffee, And Chocolate Shake
- Orange Protein Shake
- Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Shake
- Banana Protein Shake
- Blueberry Shake
- Peach Protein Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1½ cups fresh baby spinach lightly packed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Ice as needed
- Starting with the unsweetened coconut milk, place all the ingredients into a blender. You could also use almond or rice milk, if you preferred.
- Blend until fully pureed. This may take a little extra time to get all the spinach leaves fully broken down.
- Add more ice cubes until the desired consistency is met.
- If it happens to get too thick, you can add some more coconut milk, little by little.