This post was last updated on July 17, 2015 to include new images and a recipe video.
Ooh, I have a tasty meal for you today. Get ready for one delicious, simple, easy and healthy meal!
This Healthy Beef And Broccoli recipe is one of our favorite meals. And, when I say favorite meals, I mean we probably have it at least every other week. Ooh, and it makes a yummy lunch, too.
Plus, it’s a great recipe I use in my meal planning service, No-Fail Meals.
Not only is this absolutely delicious, but it’s also super fast to prepare and healthy, too. It is also very easy to switch out the soy sauce for a gluten-free soy sauce to make the meal gluten-free.
I LOVE Asian food, but rarely get any because Dustin isn’t as much of a fan. So, with this meal, I found a way to get the tastiness I craved but at home so Dustin would be happy. Yay!
There’s also a reason why this recipe is actually on the cover of my latest cookbook, The No-Fail Cookbook: it’s a no-fail recipe. And I looooove no-fail recipes.
While we very often have this healthy beef and broccoli recipe just by itself, it’s also really yummy with some simple steamed rice. Serving it with rice is also a great way to make this recipe go farther for more servings.
A tip on cutting the beef: If you pop it in the freezer for 20ish minutes and allow it to start to freeze, you will more easily be able to slice the beef into small slices.
Healthy Beef And Broccoli Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, very thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, about 2 small crowns
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well-browned, about 6-8 minutes. Once well-browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic, shallot and green onions to the beef drippings. Cook one minute, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover from pan and add sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Add beef and stir to combine, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, if desired.
Nutritional info provided does not include brown rice. Including 1/2 cup steamed brown rice would increase calories by 108 calories, 2 g fiber, and 2.5 g protein.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts