It’s probably not a big surprise that I like making things from scratch.
Rather, I like tasty food. Often, that means I have to make it from scratch.
I have recently started making my own seasonings too. Like this one that I shared a while back.
Aaaaaaannnnnnnd this homemade garlic salt.
I think I’ve shared before that I never even knew about garlic salt until I met Dustin. Oh, the doors he has opened for me over the years!
Garlic salt is like an amazingly easy burst of flavor you can add to your food that goes in almost anything (that’s not sweet, of course). I like to add it to eggs, grilled chicken or steak, steamed veggies (like broccoli, asparagus or cauliflower), baked potatoes and even on sandwiches. It’s super versatile and extremely easy to make.
So, there you go: go forth and be flavorful!
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp granulated onion
- optional: 2 tsp. grated parmesan cheese if serving over steamed veggies
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Use as needed.
- Can be stored in air-tight container or shaker for up to 6 months (if not adding the parmesan cheese). If adding the parmesan, may be refrigerated and used for up to 3 days.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts