Find out how easy it is to make healthy frozen yogurt with fresh fruit at home and without an ice cream maker. Enjoy these 4 new easy frozen yogurt recipes.
There are very few things I can never get sick of and one of them is dessert. Duh. Another is fruit. And, of course, frozen yogurt. So much yum!
When it comes to summer desserts, my mind instantly goes to ice cream and frozen yogurt. Obviously, anything frozen is the ultimate summer dessert. But most store-bought options contain all that processed fat and sugar. No, thanks.
Despite what you may think, making frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker isn’t much of a challenge at all. And, if you don’t plan on making ice cream at home that often, getting an ice cream maker and then using it maybe just a few times a year doesn’t seem like the best of investments.
Instead, you can easily use a food processor or a heavy duty blender to make your own frozen yogurt and ice cream at home. You can make something equally creamy and refreshing without an ice cream maker, save room in your kitchen, and eat healthy, homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt any time you want. This = BLISS.
Keep reading and learn how to make frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker and try one of 4 brand new frozen yogurt recipes.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN YOGURT WITH FRESH FRUIT
Although you can use frozen fruit to make frozen yogurt (it is frozen yogurt, after all), today we’re making it with fresh fruit. I’ll choose fresh fruit over frozen one most any day. In my opinion, there’s nothing better or more flavorful than fresh fruit, especially when it’s in season. I just can’t resist buying all the fresh berries during these hot summer days. Freezing your own fruit is another great way to know how sweet the fruit will be once it is used ina recipe AND if it’s in season, you can buy it at a great discount.
The only difference between making frozen yogurt with fresh fruit and not pre-frozen fruit is that you will need to place the fruit in the freezer for 2-3 hours before combining it with other ingredients. Still, the process is super simple and the results… Well, you’ll taste them yourself! That being said, feel free to use any frozen fruit you have in your freezer to get started.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN YOGURT WITHOUT AN ICE CREAM MAKER
Just blend all the ingredients until you reach a smooth, creamy texture. With this method, you can serve your homemade frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an air-tight container and freeze for a couple hours for a harder consistency. The choice is yours!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FREEZE FROZEN YOGURT?
Wanting to know how long to freeze homemade frozen yogurt? This totally depends on your preferences. If you want to (or simply can’t wait), you can serve frozen yogurt immediately. I like to transfer it to an air-tight container and place in the freezer for a few hours. I usually keep it in the freezer for 1-3 hours.
Since I also freeze my fruit before adding it and blending it, that process takes 2-3 hours as well – so make sure to keep that timeframe in mind if you plan to use fresh fruit and then freeze it. If you already have frozen fruit on hand, you can just blend and eat!
HOW LONG DOES FROZEN YOGURT STAY IN THE FREEZER?
Frozen yogurt can stay in the freezer for about 2 weeks before it starts to not maintain its creaminess. Personally, I like to enjoy most of it the first few days, since I find the flavors are best then. When you’re wanting to enjoy your frozen yogurt, allow it to thaw some on the counter so you can mix it together a little before serving.
4 New Frozen Yogurt Recipes
PEANUT BUTTER FROZEN YOGURT
It’s Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt time! This PB froyo is my go-to right now – it’s so creamy, thick, and smooth!
CHOCOLATE FROZEN YOGURT
Tastes just as good, if not even better than, chocolate ice cream and is so much better for you. Follow this easy recipe for my Chocolate Frozen Yogurt and see for yourself.
RASPBERRY FROZEN YOGURT
Raspberry Frozen Yogurt is summer in a bowl. Refreshing, sweet and so delicious!
BLUEBERRY FROZEN YOGURT
Blueberries and yogurt are a match made in heaven. Whip up this quick, sweet Blueberry Frozen Yogurt dessert in a matter of minutes.
How To Make Frozen Yogurt + 4 New Frozen Yogurt Recipes
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup full fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- raw honey, as needed (for sweetness)
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup full fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup, plus more as needed (for sweetness)
- 3 cups blueberries, frozen
- 2/3 cup full fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey, plus more as needed (for sweetness)
- 3 cups raspberries, frozen
- 2/3 cup full fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp raw honey, plus more as needed (for sweetness)
To do so, line a rimmed baking sheet with tin foil and then add two dividers to divide it into thirds. In one third, add fresh blueberries. In the second third, add fresh raspberries. And in the final third, add sliced bananas.
Then, transfer this to the freezer for just about an hour or two and they’ll be perfectly frozen and ready to use. You could also use pre-frozen fruit.
So add the frozen bananas to your food processor, followed by the full fat greek yogurt and natural peanut butter.
- Blend this all together for a couple minutes until it’s smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a bit to help it along.
- You can taste it once it’s fully mixed to see if any sweetness is needed - if you used ripe bananas, it prob doesn’t need any sweetener, but you could add in a little raw honey if needed and process again.
- This peanut butter frozen yogurt is now ready to eat and has a soft serve consistency. To harden it a little, you can place in the freezer in an air-tight container and freeze for about an hour, if you’d prefer.
- Add the frozen raspberries to the food processor - depending on the fruit, I tend to use 3 or 4 cups of fruit.
Then, add full fat plain greek yogurt and a little raw honey because the raspberries aren’t super sweet.
Blend this all together for a minute or so until it’s smooth, scraping down the sides if you have to.
- Once it’s all pureed, you can taste it and see if it needs any more raw honey and then blend again. You could also use pure maple syrup, if you'd prefer.
- This raspberry frozen yogurt is now ready to eat and has a soft serve consistency. To harden it a little, you can place in the freezer in an air-tight container and freeze for about an hour, if you’d prefer.
Start by adding the frozen sliced bananas to the food processor, followed by dark cocoa powder, full fat plain greek yogurt, and a little pure maple syrup.
- Then so simple - just blend until smooth, scraping down the sides along the way as needed.
- If you like sweeter chocolate, you can add a little more pure maple syrup or, if you like more bitter dark chocolate, add a little less.
This chocolate frozen yogurt is now ready to eat and has a soft serve consistency. To harden it a little, you can place in the freezer in an air-tight container and freeze for about an hour, if you’d prefer.
First, add the frozen blueberries to your food processor, followed by full fat plain greek yogurt, a little raw honey, and a quick squeeze of lemon juice.
Then, blend all this together, scraping down the sides of the food processor if needed to help it along.
This blueberry frozen yogurt is now ready to eat and has a soft serve consistency. To harden it a little, you can place in the freezer in an air-tight container and freeze for about an hour, if you’d prefer.
Nutritional information provided is for Chocolate Frozen yogurt recipe.
MORE HOMEMADE FROZEN YOGURT RECIPES
Love froyo and healthy ice cream as much as I do? Awesome. Here’s more for ya!
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Fresh Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 Ingredient Banana Ice Cream Recipe Without An Ice Cream Maker
- 4 Ingredient Cantaloupe Sorbet Without An Ice Cream Maker
- 3 Ingredient Mango Sorbet (Without an Ice Cream Maker!)
- Peach Frozen Yogurt
- 4 Ingredient Matcha Frozen Yogurt
- 4 Ingredient Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
This post contains affiliate links for products I use often and highly recommend.