Hello, me hearties! Tis a fine day to sail the open seas AND to make me favorite piña colada recipe! In fact, it be National Talk Like A Pirate Day!
Okay…okay…I know it’s totally random of me to start talking like a pirate, but we thought it would be kinda fun to have a different kind of recipe video this week.
It all started when we (Dustin, Sean and myself) were at dinner, discussing National Talk Like A Pirate Day. I’m not even sure how it all got started for sure, but we all just ran with the idea. I thought it’d be funny to do my Hearty Beef Stew in a pirate voice…get it? Heaarrrrrty Beef Stew? lol
Then we thought it’d be funny to have a special recipe, like a piña colada recipe, just for this pirate video.
Ultimately, as you can see, that’s what we chose.
Oh – and did I mention I’m DRESSED LIKE A PIRATE in this video? OMG.
Yea, dressing up like a pirate felt pretty weird at first, but it was actually super fun to change up the whole ASPC theme a bit. It was also fun to have Sean in the video with me and to get to do some acting.
Did I ever think I’d publish a video of me dressed as a pirate on YouTube? Not so much.
But here it is:
Pina Colada Recipe
Overall, I hope you enjoy the video and also that it makes you laugh. Oh, and that you try the recipe, too!
I’d love to hear what you thought of the video. Would you like to see more themed videos? Please share in the comments!
- 1/3 cup Spiced Rum I use Captain Morgan
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Lots of Ice
- Add the ingredients to a blender and blend until well pureed.
- Serve immediately and wish a pineapple slice for garnish, if desired.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts