These Healthy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Coconut Oil require just 5 ingredients and 30 minutes to have a versatile side dish that’s ultra-healthy!
With any recipe I create, I go through my list of requirements. It has to be as delicious, healthy, easy, and simple as possible. When those four criteria meet up in one amazing recipe (like they do with this roasted sweet potato recipe), I know I’ve hit recipe gold.
Once you make them together, you’ll see why.
This recipe is ridiculously easy. It’s the perfect sweet potato side for a quick weeknight dinner.
All you gotta do is heat up the oven, combine all the ingredients (only 5 of them, at that!), and pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Plus, look how pretty! 🙂
Not to mention that Healthy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Coconut Oil are high in fiber and many other nutrients. Sweet potatoes also have health benefits, which I will cover further down below.
Healthy, fast, easy, and delicious with any protein. All good in my books! (And I highly recommend them with this flank steak recipe.)
ARE SWEET POTATOES HEALTHY?
Yes, sweet potatoes are super nutritious! They have a ton of nutritional qualities because they are packed with nutrients like beta-carotene, manganese, iron, and calcium. They also have vitamins such as A and C.
Sweet potatoes have fiber for the digestive system and are also known for these benefits:
- The anthocyanins in sweet potatoes may protect against and slow the growth of certain cancers
- Beta-carotene in sweet potatoes aid your vision
- Sweet potatoes are anti-inflammatory
- The vitamin A in sweet potatoes may boost your immunity
FLAVOR VARIATIONS FOR THESE ROASTED WEET POTATOES
This recipe uses coconut oil, honey, kosher salt, and cinnamon. I also like a combo of coconut sugar and pecans. But you can roast sweet potatoes this way, too:
- Spicy: cayenne pepper or chili powder to your taste
- Garlicky: garlic powder
- Sweet: a dash of cinnamon and raw coconut sugar
- Cheesy: thyme and parmesan
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH COCONUT OIL
- Chop the sweet potatoes into cubes, the same size if possible for even cooking. I like to leave the skins in the potatoes, but it’s a matter of choice. Some people like to peel them first.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with the other 4 ingredients and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375F.
- Enjoy as a healthy side!
HOW TO STORE HEALTHY ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH COCONUT OIL
- To store: Let the sweet potatoes cool completely and place in an airtight container for up to one week.
- To reheat: Reheat these savory orange veggies in the oven until warm. Keep the oven low, around 325F and heat for 10 minutes or so.
- To freeze : Cool the roasted sweet potatoes, wrap in plastic wrap, and then place in an airtight container for 3-4 months. Thaw in the fridge for several hours and then reheat.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HEALTHY ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
Honestly, these tasty potatoes go with anything! Some of my favorite recipes to pair with healthy roasted sweet potatoes with coconut oil are:
- Pan Roasted Steak
- Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
- Roast Beef
- Easy Roasted Chicken
- Healthy Nashville Hot Chicken
- Almond-Crusted Sea Bass
- Fall Harvest Buddha Bowl on Cauliflower Grits
MORE HEALTHY SWEET POTATO RECIPES
Once you’ve tasted the unique and delicious flavors of the sweet potato, you won’t look back. You can also take a look at my post with 19 different sweet potato recipes. To get started, try the recipes below!
- Easy Sweet Potato Meal Prep
- How to Bake Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Lasagna
- Easy Sweet Potato Hash
- Healthy Sweet Potato Pie
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato and Lentil Hash With Garlic Sauteed Kale
- Sweet Potato Rolls
- Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
All full of sweet potato goodness. Mmmm.
Roasted Sweet Potato Recipe
Are you looking for an easy and delicious way to add a boost of extra nutrients to your meal? Healthy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Coconut Oil pack a real nutritional punch. 5 ingredients and 30 minutes later, you have a versatile side dish that’s ultra-healthy!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes diced into cubes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, oil, honey, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine well, making sure the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread into as flat a layer as possible.
Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. No need to toss during roasting.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.