I wanted to share a sorbet recipe with you that has seen many changes and variations in our home over the last few years.
It started as a lemon sorbet. Then I added whole blueberries. Then I removed the granulated sugar and used honey. Then I blended it.
With each new variation, it gets better and better.
Not only is this sorbet light, fresh and healthy, it’s also low-sugar and full of antioxidants from the blueberries.
Oh — and, did I mention it’s incredibly easy to make, too? Just stick it all in a blender and freeze.
Seriously. It’s that easy.
Try it out soon and have a cold, sweet and healthy treat this summer.
- 2½ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- optional: extra lemon zest for garnish
- Place all ingredients into blender (or food processor) and blend well. Add more lemon juice and/or honey, depending on the tartness of your lemons and blueberries. Transfer mixture into ice cream maker (I use this one ) and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don't have an Ice Cream Maker, just transfer mixture straight to the freezer and freeze for 3 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes for the first 2 hours.
- Freeze in air-tight, freezer-safe container for at least 1 hour, preferably 2-3 hours. If mixture is too solid when serving, let sit for 8-10 minutes at room temperature.
Take control of your food
Get my FREE guide on How To Start Eating Clean!