Okay. I’m in love with popsicles.
And, well, chocolate, too for that matter. Put them together and I’m a happy camper.
But — wait — these are *gasp* healthy chocolate popsicles?!?
Growing up, I absolutely loved fudgsicles. Like — if we had a box of 6 or 7 of them, they wouldn’t be safe in my presence. Let’ just say you may not find them in the freezer the next time you went to look for them. Heehee.
There was something so soothing and delicious about a creamy, chewy, chocolate frozen fudgesicle that I just couldn’t resist.
Umm… And gummy bears. And Jelly Beans. And Sour Patch Kids. Man, apparently, I was a kid who liked her sweets!
Totally over that now.
Here’s a healthy, dairy-free version of my beloved fudgesicle — packed full of protein, vitamins and cold, tasty, chocolate goodness.
Quite a yummy summer treat!
***Please note: Thanks to some informed readers who shared that whey protein (found in protein shake powder) tends to contain lactose, which is a dairy product. This recipe can easily be made to be dairy-free depending on the brand/type of protein powder you use. Many protein powders do contain lactose, but the protein powder I recommend (below) is actually lactose-free.
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (I recommend this one )
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- ½ cup plain almond milk
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao if you have it)
- 1 tsp. dehydrated coffee granules (or 2 tbsp. prepared coffee)
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into freezable molds and freeze for 3-5 hours to set, depending on the size of your mold. If you don't have popsicle molds, just fill some paper or plastic cups and add popsicle sticks after they have been in the freezer for 2-3 hours (this will help with keeping the popsicle sticks straight in the popsicles).
- Once frozen, run cup/mold under warm running water for a few seconds to loosen.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts