Today is Day 4 of the Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge!
I can’t believe we’re already half way through our 7 day journey.
How is everything going?
Have you noticed a change in energy?
Are you feeling a sense of accomplishment?
Loving these fresh, new lunches?
Eating healthy — especially a good for you lunch — that happens to taste great in the middle of your day can do wonders for your energy level and self confidence.
It always helps in the middle of the day to have a little pick-me-up and, knowing your choice is a good one, is a great feeling.
I love how stacking good choices on top of each other builds that confidence and momentum.
And if you’re struggling with still making the leap, then today is the day to hop on as we have a great Turkey Taco Lunch Bowl for you to enjoy!
Make today another good choice with a well-balanced lunch and I know you’ll feel great for the second half of your day.
If you haven’t signed up for the free challenge yet, make sure to do so here.
If you’d like to learn more about our tasty free challenge, click here.
Here’s to 7 days of delicious & nutritious lunches.
Turkey Taco Lunch Bowl
See ya tomorrow!
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 15 oz can (no sodium added) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 15 oz can olives, sliced
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- dollop greek yogurt
To make the rice, combine the uncooked brown rice with low sodium chicken broth in a deep pot. Bring this to a rolling boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, for an additional 20-25 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- To make the taco meat, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet and add the diced yellow onion and garlic. Cook until the onion starts to sweat and become tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey breast and break into smaller crumbles.
- Season the meat with tomato paste, ground cumin, sea salt, black pepper, chili powder, and dried oregano and then stir to mix well.
- Cook until the meat is well-browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
To assemble the turkey taco bowl, start with the cooked rice, then the seasoned turkey mixture, followed by the rinsed and drained black beans, cilantro, sliced black olives, sliced grape tomatoes, avocado, and then top it off with a little shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of plain greek yogurt.
If you’re prepping this bowl ahead of time, it works great stacked up in a mason jar, starting with the beans and meat at the bottom and then the greens and cheese at the top. Wait until you’re ready to enjoy to add the greek yogurt and avocado for the freshest flavors.
Make sure to go sign up for our 7 day spring into health lunch challenge so you can get in on all this tasty, healthy lunch goodness that’s going on right now!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts