Welcome to Day 2 of our free Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge. If you're just joining us, you can get all the challenge details here and you can go sign up right here.
Yesterday, we enjoyed a yummy Spring Grains + Greens Salad that I'm still dreaming about and I hope you enjoyed it as well. Loved all those greens mixed with the quinoa. Nom!
Today, we change it up a bit from a salad and make our ourselves a yummy, filling, and oh-so-flavorful Chicken & Hummus Greek Wrap.
For this lunch challenge, not only are we enjoying a healthy lunch each day this week, but we are also joining together on this journey with others making the same healthy eating changes in their lives.
We've all had struggles with food, fitness, or energy and the great thing is NOW we are going to do something about it and we have a place to share and encourage each other every day along the way.
I'm so glad you're here to join us.
If you haven't yet joined, you can do so by clicking here. <---- You know you want to!
Once you join, you'll receive all sorts of goodies, including:
- lunch challenge guide
- tips for meal prep and healthy eating
- daily motivation and supportive emails
- access to the challenge community
- grocery list
- meal plan
See? All sorts of goodies. And all for free. Hooray!
BTW this greek wrap is super uber yummy. It's shocking to me how just a few simple ingredients can create such intense flavors and textures all wrapped up in a neat, handheld wrap.
And you know I've been all about wraps lately, too.
DAY 2: Chicken & Hummus Greek Wrap
I use a spinach wrap from Whole Foods, but you can use any whole wheat tortilla (with minimal ingredients) or a flatbread wrap - just try to get a wrap that uses the least amount of ingredients as possible and avoids refined flours, sugars, and unnecessary processed foods.
See you tomorrow for Day 3!
Chicken & Hummus Greek Wrap
*This post may contain affiliate links for products I use often and highly recommend.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 10-inch burrito size spinach wraps (or whole wheat wraps)
- ¾ cup hummus
- 3 cups baby spring mix lettuce
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Season the chicken with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned chicken and cook 4-6 minutes on both sides until well browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and dice into small, bite-size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, and ½ tbsp. olive oil. Set aside.
- To assemble the wrap, lay the spinach tortilla on a flat, clean surface.
- Gently spread ⅓ cup hummus around the tortilla, leaving approx. ½ inch around the edge all around.
- Add 1 cup of the lettuce lettuce in a line in the center of the wrap, followed by 1 cup of the cucumber-tomato mixture, ½ cup of the cubed chicken, and ¼ cup of the crumbled feta.
- Carefully roll the wrap/tortilla up like a burrito, taking care to make it as tight as possible and to fold in the ends.
- Slice the wrap in half and enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.