So, let’s talk about salads.
I really enjoy them. Or, at least, I think I do.
I want to.
But I get bored of them so quickly.
Maybe that’s a me issue. Or, maybe it’s a salad issue.
I vote salad issue. I’m sure you agree.
That’s what I love about this salad. I mean…look at all that tasty goodness just waiting to join the party.
Never thought about a salad being entertaining before? Neither had I, really, until I started to think about it.
There are tons of different things in there to keep me entertained. So good!
Put more simply: It’s a salad with fruit. It’s good. Mmmm.
Watch me make the super tasty and easy balsamic vinaigrette for this salad:
- 1/3 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups mixed baby greens slightly packed
- 1/2 cucumber sliced and halved
- 5 tbsp gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds or candied pecans, for a sweeter version
- 1/2 granny smith apple unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup croutons
For the vinaigrette, combine the balsamic vinegar and black pepper in a small bowl. Briskly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Set aside.
For the salad, add the mixed baby greens to a large mixing bowl and add 2-4 tbsp. of the balsamic vinaigrette (depending on how well you like it coated in dressing). Gently toss to coat.
Divide the dressed greens onto two separate plates. Arrange the cucumber, gorgonzola, avocado, almonds, apple and croutons atop the greens. Alternately, you can toss all the ingredients together instead of just adding the balsamic vinegar to the greens. Either way is fine.