I grew up in a house of coleslaw lovers.
I now live in a house of coleslaw haters.
This makes enjoying coleslaw a little difficult given that no one else will eat it if I make it.
And I mean no one.
Not even a bite to see if they might like it.
They don’t like it at picnics, with fried chicken or barbecue or, even worse, on pulled pork sandwiches. I mean…the humanity!?!
That doesn’t stop me from making it, ordering it or loving it, though. No, sir.
I eat it at picnics, with fried chicken AND barbecue and, best of all, on pulled pork sandwiches.
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage about ½ head
- 3 cups finely shredded purple cabbage about ½ head
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/3 cup full fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp spicy or Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Combine the green cabbage, purple cabbage and carrot in a large bowl and mix together well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until evenly coated.
- Can be served immediately or, for best results, refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve cold.