Are you ready for the easiest recipe of all time?
Because this is it.
It literally takes 10 minutes to make from start to finish. Ten. Minutes. And it’s totally delicious.
Pure spinachy awesomeness, right?
Not to mention: it’s super healthy, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free. It just keeps getting better!
I guess anything that’s vegan is gonna be vegetarian, though, huh? Interesting…
I first mentioned this recipe waaaaaaaay back in 2010 in my pan-roasted salmon post. But, somehow, I never shared it. Craziness! Not sure just how it fell through the cracks of my recipe queue for so long, but it’s finally here. Sorry for the wait.
I prefer baby spinach to fully grown spinach in this recipe because of the delicateness and texture of the baby leaves, but this will also work with regular, old (ha! – get it?) spinach leaves if that’s all you have. If you want to get fancy (and aren’t vegan!), you could also toss about a tablespoon of grated parmesan in the mix.
Because parmesan makes everything better. Unless you’re vegan.
So, got 10 minutes? Grab yourself these 5 simple ingredients and go make yourself some sauteed garlic spinach tastiness.
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oil over med-high heat in a fry pan.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper. Toss the spinach for 1-2 minutes until mostly wilted.
- Remove from heat and serve.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts