I’ve been looking through the site recently and looking for what types of recipes or ingredients aren’t represented very well.
Like, in my last post, I finally got another pistachio recipe up (yay!), and today, I wanted to share a new eggplant recipe. Woot!
Plus many of you have been asking for vegan and/or non-dairy recipes so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to share one for ya. Double woot!
Even though I don’t currently follow a vegan or non-dairy lifestyle, I had to remove dairy when I was pregnant with Hunter which, I found, was a real struggle.
Fortunately, learned there are tasty options like Almond Dream who make it possible to enjoy yogurt and still avoid dairy.
So. Let’s discuss this grilled eggplant recipe we’ve got right here.
First off: it’s incredibly easy to make. I use my indoor cast iron grill, but it also works perfectly on an outdoor grill.
If you’ve never grilled eggplant before, besides eggplant parmesan, it’s my FAVE way to prepare eggplant. It’s super fast, easy, and full of flavor.
Next, you can make this recipe from start to finish in less than 30 minutes, and even make extra for entertaining or just to store for later.
I know. I love easy, healthy, and fresh recipes that look impressive, but couldn’t be easier.
Summer grillin’ is where it’s at right now, peeps.
Now, you have an eggplant recipe that’s yummy, vegan, and easy to boot!
Grilled Eggplant With Tahini Yogurt Sauce
- 1 large eggplant approx. 1 lb.
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup plain almond dream yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice plus 1/2 tsp. zest
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 6-8 basil leaves for garnish
- Remove both ends of the eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and then lightly season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat either an outdoor grill or a cast iron indoor grill to medium-high and grill the eggplant until dark golden-brown grill marks form. This should take approx. 3 to 4 minutes per side - we’re looking for the inside to be grayish and soft, not white and hard.
- To make the tahini yogurt sauce, combine the almond dream plain non-dairy yogurt, ground cumin, minced garlic, fresh lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice, tahini, sea salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. (I like to refrigerate this sauce for about 15-20 minutes to chill.)
- To serve, place a dollop of the tahini yogurt sauce over the grilled eggplant, followed by a handful of sliced grape tomatoes and fresh basil.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts