Guys, I have a very cool announcement and wanted to share with you.
And this isn’t about Carolina, but that is exciting, too.
Or about the free lunch challenge that’s starting soon, either…though that is also very exciting.
Wow, there’s a lot of great stuff going on right, now!
What I wanted to share is that it’s Spring! Hooray! And it’s gorgeous outside and that means it’s FINALLY grilling season again!
I’ve waited all Winter to be able to enjoy the back yard with the warm sun and breeze, grilling yummy healthy food, and watching the kiddos explore.
There’s just something about grilling season that makes me so happy and, as you can tell, I’m pretty stoked it’s finally here.
So, after waiting and waiting (and WAITING!), how do I ease back into grilling?
Besides dusting off the grill and making sure it’s nice and clean (because it just never seems to be when you revisit it after the hiatus), we start with our faves — the foods we could grill in our sleep because they’re so easy and reliable.
We chose to kick it off with turkey breast cutlets because they’re nice and lean and a breeze to grill. They’re seriously perfectly cooked within less than 10 minutes, making them a perfect go-to lean protein for a weeknight dinner.
By my calculations, if these Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Teriyaki Bowls I made the other night are any indication of the goodness that will come from the grill this Spring, we are in for some great food!
Seriously — all I did to prep the cutlets was marinate them in my easy homemade teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes and they were so flavorful and tender right off the grill.
Yay for easy/quick/yummy/healthy/flavorful Spring grilling!
Oh and I did’t even get to talk to you about the creamy coconut rice going on in these teriyaki bowls! So creamy and coconuty.
There’s so much flavor, color, and texture that it’s bursting with tasty grilled goodness.
In other words, go dust off your grills, pick up some Honeysuckle White turkey breast cutlets at your local H-E-B store, and get your grill on this Spring with these easy Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Teriyaki Bowls!
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 package Honeysuckle White Turkey Breast Cutlets
- 3 medium zucchini quartered
- 2 red bell peppers sliced into large strips
- 1 pineapple sliced into 1/2 inch rings, de-cored
- 1 red onion sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 5 green onions ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups brown rice uncooked
- Combine the low sodium chicken broth, coconut milk, sea salt, and brown rice in a deep stock pot and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 25 minutes, or until the liquid is full absorbed by the rice and the rice is creamy, stirring occasionally.
To make the teriyaki sauce, heat the soy sauce, raw honey, garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 4-6 minutes to cook the garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch and water until mixed well. Add this mixture into the heated teriyaki sauce and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Once the sauce is cooled, pour 1/2 cup over the turkey cutlets and pineapple (in separate ziplock bags or mixing bowls) and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- While the turkey and pineapple are marinating in the teriyaki sauce, prepare the zucchini, bell peppers, and red onion by drizzling with olive oil, and season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
Depending on the size of your grill, you’ll likely need to grill the vegetables and meat in batches.
- Grill the zucchini, red pepper, and marinated turkey cutlets for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and tender. Grill the pineapple, red onions, and green onions for 2-3 minutes per side.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.