For most of the day, I think about what I’m going to do for dinner.
Breakfasts are easy – I just blend a protein shake for Dustin and me. While I may spend a moment or two figuring out which one I want to make, I know it’s most likely gonna be a protein shake.
Then, my thoughts go to dinner…
What do we have in the fridge?
When do the girls need to be at soccer practice?
Do we have any left-overs?
Will I feel like making dinner?
This is pretty much how it goes in my head on most days.
Lunch, for whatever reason, seems to get left out with a lot of the planning. I plan out the kids’ lunches since we pack them every night before school, but I rarely plan out lunches.
Fortunately, Dustin and I most often work from home so we can just grab food from the fridge when it’s lunch time.
This often winds up being left-overs, a sandwich, little odds and ends from the fridge, or going out to lunch.
The other day, I happened to have a few wraps left from testing recipes for our upcoming Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge and wanted to try something new.
I’ve been in LOVE with wraps lately – they’re so easy to throw together and — I’m not quite sure how or why — but every single wrap recipe I’ve put together tastes amazing.
So I decided to make a healthy lunch wrap using egg whites, spinach, hummus, tomatoes, and zucchini.
And it was fabulous. Filling, high protein, lean, and full of flavor.
I love adding egg whites to my food to increase the protein in my meals without adding fat.
BONUS: From start to finish, these wraps took just 15 minutes to make and were super yummy.
They’ll definitely be in my “easy lunch” rotation, especially since they just used ingredients I often have in my fridge already.
A question I get asked a lot is, “What are some healthy high protein options and what brands do you use?” I recommend using AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites as a high protein option to add to your food. They’re a great non-meat option as well and are fully pasteurized so you could add them to smoothies, salad dressings without any fear or you can cook ’em up and add them to your favorite wraps for a protein boost like I did in these wraps.
Plus AllWhites Egg Whites has been gracious enough to sponsor a giveaway for a free Calphalon Omelet Pan with Lid for you guys. I’m a big fan of Calphalon and happen to own two of this pan myself. All you have to do is enter your name and email address below to enter. Good luck!!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3/4 cup AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites*
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach (or mixed greens) raw
- 2 flatbread wraps or burrito-sized clean tortillas**
- 2 tbsp hummus homemade or store-bought
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove the ends from the zucchini and slice length wise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini into oil and let cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until mostly cooked through and golden brown on both sides. remove from heat and set zucchini slices aside.
- In the same skillet, add the egg whites. Cook, stirring frequently, until egg whites are solid and no longer runny. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the wraps, spread out hummus evenly over the flatbread or large tortilla, followed by 3-4 zucchini slices (parallel to the length of the wrap), the spinach, scrambled egg whites, sliced red onion, and halved grape tomatoes.
- Wrap tightly, slice in half, and enjoy.
* 3/4 cup AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites is equivalent to 4 egg whites
** Look for tortillas and/or flatbreads with no refined flours or sugars and with minimal ingredients
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.