While I was pregnant with my three kiddos over the course of the past 7 years (yikes!), I have enjoyed putting together some tasty non-alcoholic, baby-friendly concoctions, such as this Non-Alcoholic Raspberry Mojito.
Or…Faux-jito, as I have endearingly called it. Mocktail?
Cute, right? Anyone?
Anyways, I have really enjoyed this tasty little drink and wanted to share it with you. It’s perfect for a lazy day at the pool, a baby shower, a backyard BBQ with the kids or whatever your little heart desires.
No alcohol. Just tasty goodness.
Mojitos are probably my favorite cocktail. I love them because they are fruity, fresh and flavorful. Really, what’s not to love about combining fresh raspberries, juicy lime and crisp mint in a drink?
If you’d like to enjoy this non-alcoholic raspberry mojito without any processed sugar, you can instead make a simple syrup using coconut sugar or turbinado sugar or just plain ol’ honey to sweeten your drink. All will be delicious and clean. 🙂
Non-Alcoholic Raspberry Mojitos
- 3-4 fresh raspberries plus more for garnish
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp simple syrup see directions below for how to make a simple syrup
- 1/4 cup raspberry juice or can use cran-raspberry juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice approx. 1/2 medium-large lime
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling mineral water
- To make a simple syrup, combine 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 cup water (or just equal parts, if making more or less) in a medium sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved. Allow to cool.
- In a tall glass, add raspberries, mint leaves and the simple syrup.
- Muddle (squish with the back of a wooden spoon) well until the mint, simple syrup and raspberries are well-combined. If possible, try not to break apart the mint leaves, as this (in my opinion) will make for a less pleasant drinking experience.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add raspberry juice, then the lime juice, and then fill with soda.
- Garnish with lime wedge or additional raspberries, if desired.
This post was last updated on August 28, 2015 to include new images and a recipe video.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts