This quick, healthy, and delicious Avocado, Turkey & Hummus Wrap makes a the perfect lunch. You can easily make this easy hummus wrap using just a few simple ingredients!
I recently shared with you my tips on How To Make Homemade Hummus and my 4 Easy Hummus Recipes. What better way to use all that hummus than to spread it in a delicious wrap for lunch, am I right?
Guys, these Avocado, Turkey & Hummus Wraps are my everything right now. I seriously have them all the time.
I mean…can we talk about the wrap love here?
- easy to make (takes less than 5 minutes to assemble)
- easy to grab and go (love how portable wraps are!)
- packed full of fiber and protein
- the perfect use of Applegate’s new super tasty natural cheese (I LOVE how Applegate uses milk from humanely raised cows that are pasture raised in small herds and never administered antibiotics or hormones)
- filling and satisfying
- great for meal prep and will help you stick to your clean eating plan!
- yet another delicious way to spread the hummus love
Wraps are amazing. That’s a fact. You can fill them with whatever your heart and tastebuds desire, you can make them ahead of time, take them with you, and eat pretty much wherever you want. You don’t even need utensils. And there is something special about the foods that you can just pick up with your hands and eat.
WHAT GOES IN A WRAP?
The possibilities are endless! You can fill your wrap with anything you can think of, really. Fresh or grilled veggies, any one of Applegate’s new line of cheeses, which include six sliced varieties, including an awesome not-processed American-Style Colby, and three shredded cheeses, plus any leftovers that you have make a great filling. I always make sure to add in a source of protein to take my wraps from just a light snack to a proper meal. That’s why I love the combo of the deli sliced turkey, Applegate Naturals® Muenster Cheese, and the hummus. And you know you gotta add fresh sliced tomatoes, creamy avocado, and crunchy cucumber to top it off. YUM!
ARE WRAPS HEALTHY?
With wraps, it’s easy to get carried away and turn a great lunch into something not that great for you. Here are some tips for how to keep your wrap healthy:
- It’s all about the fillings! You can make your wraps super healthy if you fill them with whole ingredients, such as fresh veggies and lean proteins like this turkey hummus wrap recipe.
- Stay away from any processed foods, like store-bought dressings and spreads. That;’s why I love using Applegate’s new line of natural cheese because it contains no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or added colors.
- Don’t overcomplicate it – keep the fillings simple and fresh.
HOW LONG DO WRAPS LAST?
Wraps are super easy to make and can also be highly nutritious if you choose the right fillings. Depending on what you decide to fill them with, make-ahead wraps can easily last from 3 to 5 days in the fridge, if stored in an airtight container. To prevent your wraps from getting soggy, you can store all the wet ingredients such as pickles, cucumbers, tomatoes, or sauces in a separate container and add them to your wrap just before you’re about to dig in. If you have it all prepped and read to assemble, it’ll seriously just take you a few minutes to make a delicious, filling, and healthy wrap for lunch. Woot!
- 1 whole wheat tortillas or wrap
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 oz deli turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1 slice Sliced Muenster or Provolone Cheese
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced, lengthwise
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/3 avocado, thinly sliced
To assemble the wrap, lay the whole wheat wrap or tortilla on a flat, clean surface.
Gently spread hummus around the wrap, leaving approx. 1/2 inch around the edge all around.
Add a couple slices of the cucumber in the center of the wrap, followed by a slice of the sliced cheese, turkey breast, tomato slices, and avocado.
Carefully roll the wrap/tortilla up like a burrito, taking care to make it as tight as possible.
Lay on its seem and then slice the wrap in half and enjoy.
These wraps are very versatile and can really be made with whatever filling you have on hand. Our fave go-to is turkey, avocado, hummus, and cheese because the flavors and textures all go so well together.
To prep ahead, you may want to leave the sliced tomatoes out to avoid it getting to soggy. I like to wrap everything together tightly and then hold together using aluminum foil. Then, when it's time to enjoy, I just remove from the foil and enjoy. I can also prep the sliced tomatoes separately to add when ready to eat, too!