Dustin and I have quickly fallen in love with this restaurant in Southwest Austin called Jack Allen’s Kitchen.
They have an awesome restaurant design, menu and concept and their food is really great. They also have a Sunday buffet every week that is just amazing.
But I digress.
Our favorite appetizer at Jack Allen’s is their Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread with Crackers. It’s really tasty.
And, when I say it’s our favorite appetizer, I mean it’s the only appetizer we’ve ever ordered there because we like it so much.
I’ll admit, at first, I was skeptical to order anything pimento-related. Truth be told, it weirded me out a little.
But, once I tried it, I was in love. I mean, c’mon: It’s a cheese spread, right?
We decided it would be neat to make our own pimento cheese spread at home. Turns out it’s ridiculously easy.
I also made some Olive Oil and Herb Crackers to go with it!
Watch me make this super easy and addicting cheese spread in the video below:
- 4 oz. (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2½ tablespoons pimentos, chopped
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or by hand, electric mixer or food processor), beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to mix on medium speed until well combined.
Want more easy recipes?
If so, sign up now to receive a FREE copy of my eCookbook with 40 original ASPC recipes. Plus, get emails with even more easy recipes and cooking tips. Sign up now!