This post was last updated on August 30, 2014 to include new images and a recipe video.
Dustin and I have quickly fallen in love with this restaurant in Southwest Austin called Jack Allen’s Kitchen.
They have an awesome restaurant design, menu and concept and their food is really great. They also have a Sunday buffet every week that is just amazing.
But I digress.
Our favorite appetizer at Jack Allen’s is their Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread with Crackers. It’s really tasty.
And, when I say it’s our favorite appetizer, I mean it’s the only appetizer we’ve ever ordered there because we like it so much.
I’ll admit, at first, I was skeptical to order anything pimento-related. Truth be told, it weirded me out a little.
But, once I tried it, I was in love. I mean, c’mon: It’s a cheese spread, right?
We decided it would be neat to make our own pimento cheese spread at home. Turns out it’s ridiculously easy.
I also made some Olive Oil and Herb Crackers to go with it!
Watch me make this super easy and addicting cheese spread in the video below:
Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread
- 4 oz. (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2½ tablespoons pimentos, chopped
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts