This post was last updated on September 17, 2014 to include new images and a recipe video.
Back in August, I posted this pic to Facebook of Savannah devouring my Fresh Creamed Corn recipe.
What I didn’t post, fortunately, were photos of me licking my plate along with her.
I’m kidding, of course…kind of.
Now, you know me when it comes to tasty, home-cooked food — I really have no self-control.
Well, when that food happens to be down-home, fresh creamed corn…I mean, are you kidding me?
I have always loved creamed corn so trying to make some homemade creamed corn seemed like a real no brainer. For added flavor, Dustin grilled the corn (post coming soon!), but regular steamed corn will do just fine for this. I use fresh corn, but pre-cut kernels would still suffice.
This recipe is amazingly delicious. If you like corn, I urge you to try this.
To learn how to husk corn for grilling, watch me in this video And to see me make this amazingly yummy side PLUS grill some corn, check out the video below (Baby Hunter makes a super cute appearance in this one!)
Fresh Creamed Corn
I’ve already converted certain stubborn creamed corn haters and I’m looking at you next!
- 4 fresh ears corn, grilled (preferably, but can also be steamed or pre-cut)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp. sugar, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat butter over medium heat to melt in a saucepan.
- Slice all the kernels off the cooked/grilled corn.
- Add the flour, salt and sugar to the butter in the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Add the corn. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add the cream and cook an additional 5-8 minutes to thicken. Season to taste with additional salt and/or sugar, if needed.
- Serve hot.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links for the kitchen item(s) I use
Take control of your food
Get my FREE guide on How To Start Eating Clean!