Looking for a more grown-up version of brown sugar glazed baby carrots? Good!
‘Cuz here it is!
Not that there’s anything wrong with the basics that make your inner child smile. Keeping your inner child happy and satisfied is definitely important.
But, sometimes, more adult versions are called for. And these Maple Ginger Glazed Carrots do the trick.
I especially enjoy how the fresh ginger contrasts with the sweetness of the maple syrup to make for a more sophisticated side dish.
I know…I don’t get very “sophisticated” that often — and it’s still arguable if cooked carrots even meet that standard — but work with me on this one!
Simple. Easy. Quick. Tasty.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think by leaving a comment and rating it. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #asweetpeachef on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you come up with. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 12-15 carrots, cut diagonally (on the bias) into ¼-inch slices
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup good quality maple syrup
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- pinch of kosher salt, for taste
- optional: fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- In a skillet or large saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Add carrots, orange juice, syrup, ginger and brown sugar and stir to combine. Cover and cook 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender.
- Uncover and cook 5-8 more minutes until liquid has reduced by half and carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 1 tbsp. butter, tossing until melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Take control of your food
Get my FREE guide on How To Start Eating Clean!
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts