This lemon roasted asparagus recipe is so easy and makes the perfect veggie side for Spring. Just 7 ingredients, 10 minutes in the oven to roast, and a super easy clean-up!
Okay so I know I recently shared my Parmesan Roasted Green Beans recipe with you, but I HAD to share this Lemon Roasted Asparagus recipe with you today. Had to.
I’ve been all about the roasted veggies lately.
And what’s not to love about easy roasted vegetables, am I right?
Let’s discuss the greatness that is the roasted veggie side:
- easy to prepare
- easy to clean up
- not many ingredients needed
- hardly any oil needed
- no breading or heavy coating required <— probably should mention here one serving is only 118 calories
- simple and fresh
- super quick <— this lemon roasted asparagus recipe takes JUST 8-10 minutes in the oven. 8-10 minutes!!
- totes yummers
See? Ain’t nothing wrong with any of that.
I absolutely love the easy cleanup. I know I mentioned it in the list right above, but I feel like it needs it’s own special paragraph to discuss its value. Coming from a mom of three, soon to be FOUR (OMG), easy cleanup is just the best with anything. Ever.
…my love for easy cleanup is also the reason why my poor sweet kiddos hardly ever get to play with play-dough, paint, or do bubbles.
I know, I know…but the CLEAN UP?!?!?
Anyhoo grab that fresh and delicious spring asparagus and just a few other ingredients to make this asparagus recipe tonight – it’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner side, but also fancy enough to share with guests. If you’re into being fancy with guests and all.
Besides, can you have too much asparagus? Not me, especially when you roast them to crunchy, lemony perfection.
How To Roast Asparagus
To enjoy your fresh Spring asparagus, just follow these super duper easy instructions to roasted asparagus gloriousness.
- Wash and trim the asparagus
- Place the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Toss the asparagus with minced garlic, sea salt, pepper, grated parmesan cheese, and lemon juice
- Arrange a few fresh lemon slices on top of the asparagus
- Place in the oven and bake (AKA roast) them in a preheated oven for just 10 minutes
Lemon Roasted Asparagus
Is Asparagus Good For You?
Wondering if asparagus is as healthy as everyone says it is? Well, the good news is it’s not only a super tasty green veggie, it’s also incredibly nutritious for you. Here are some of the health benefits of asparagus:
- Asparagus is high in fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Asparagus is a good source for chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells (helpful for blood sugar levels).
- Packed full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- High is folate which helps with cognitive functioning and anti-aging
- Asparagus helps rid the body of excess salts
- Eating asparagus may help protect against certain forms of cancers
It’s tasty. It’s healthy. It’s delicious fresh, baked, and roasted. So go forth, enjoy your spring asparagus, have your veggie side ready in 10 minutes, and think of me when you savor that vibrant roasted asparagus recipe with lemon deliciousness. Then, follow all that up by easily throwing away the parchment paper and getting on your way.
This lemon roasted asparagus is so easy to cook and makes the perfect veggie side.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus , trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan , grated
- 1 lemon , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the asparagus, lemon slices, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sea salt, ground black pepper, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese to the baking sheet.
Toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp on the outside and tender in the center.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts