This lemon roasted asparagus recipe is so easy and makes the perfect light and bright veggie side. Just 7 ingredients, 10 minutes in the oven to roast, and a super easy clean-up!
Okay so I know I recently shared my Parmesan Roasted Green Beans recipe with you, but I HAD to share this Lemon Roasted Asparagus recipe with you today. Had to.
I’ve been all about the roasted veggies lately.
And what’s not to love about easy roasted vegetables, am I right?
I absolutely love the easy cleanup of sheet pan sides, too. Coming from a mom of four, easy cleanup is just the best with anything. Ever.
Why Lemon Roasted Asparagus is Amazing
Let’s discuss the greatness that is the roasted veggie side:
- easy to prepare
- easy to clean up
- not many ingredients needed
- hardly any oil needed
- no breading or heavy coating required <— probably should mention here one serving is only 118 calories
- simple and fresh
- super quick <— this lemon roasted asparagus recipe takes JUST 8-10 minutes in the oven. 8-10 minutes!!
- totes yummers
See? Ain’t nothing wrong with any of that. So grab that fresh and delicious spring asparagus and just a few other ingredients to make this asparagus recipe tonight – it’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner side, but also fancy enough to share with guests.
Is Asparagus Good For You?
Wondering if asparagus is as healthy as everyone says it is? Well, the good news is it’s not only a super tasty green veggie, it’s also incredibly nutritious for you. Here are some of the health benefits of asparagus, and why you should make this lemon roasted asparagus ASAP:
- Asparagus is high in fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Asparagus is a good source for chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells (helpful for blood sugar levels).
- Packed full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- High is folate which helps with cognitive functioning and anti-aging
- Asparagus helps rid the body of excess salts
- Eating asparagus may help protect against certain forms of cancers
It’s tasty. It’s healthy. It’s delicious fresh, baked, and roasted. So go forth, enjoy your spring asparagus, have your veggie side ready in 10 minutes, and think of me when you savor that vibrant roasted asparagus recipe with lemon deliciousness. Then, follow all that up by easily throwing away the parchment paper and getting on your way.
How To Pick Asparagus
When it comes to picking asparagus, there are several indicators you’ll want to look for to insure non-woody, crisp asparagus. Here are my tips for what to look for:
- opt for thinner asparagus – the thickness indicates maturity and large, thick pieces could indicate the asparagus is overripe and woody
- bright green, slightly purple spears are best
- spears should be firm, not limp
- the bunch should slightly squeak when squeezed, not appear woody
- the tip of the spears should be closed and compact, not mushy or wet
Woody asparagus is the worst, but these tips will help you make sure you’ve picked the freshest, crispest asparagus available.
How To Roast Asparagus
To enjoy your fresh Spring asparagus, just follow these super duper easy instructions to roasted asparagus gloriousness.
- Wash and trim the asparagus
- Place the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Toss the asparagus with minced garlic, sea salt, pepper, grated parmesan cheese, and lemon juice
- Arrange a few fresh lemon slices on top of the asparagus
- Place in the oven and bake (AKA roast) them in a preheated oven for just 10 minutes
Seriously could not be easier.
What Goes with Roasted Asparagus?
Ok, so you’ve got your super easy veggie side ready and accounted for….so what about the rest of the meal? Roasted asparagus is very versatile as a side — it can go with foods that are salty or sweet, light or heavy, making it very easy to pair. Fortunately, I’ve got some great recipes that go perfectly as the main protein to accompany this roasted asparagus recipe, which I’ve listed below:
Chicken Recipes That Go With Asparagus
- Healthy Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Almond-Crusted Baked Chicken Strips
- Easy Roasted Chicken
Beef Recipes That Go With Asparagus
- Roast Beef
- Braised Short Ribs with Polenta
- Marinated Tri-Tip
- Marinated Steak
- Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Pork Recipes That Go With Asparagus
Fish + Seafood Recipes That Go With Asparagus
- Salmon Fish Sticks
- Pan-Fried Salmon
- Almond-Crusted Sea Bass
- Halibut Piccata
- Lemon-Herb Tilapia
- Pan-Seared Scallops
Vegan + Vegetarian Recipes That Go With Asparagus
- Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Summer Corn Edamame Salad
- Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Quinoa and Lentil Salad
- Easy Sweet Potato Hash
This lemon roasted asparagus is so easy to cook and makes the perfect veggie side.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus , trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp parmesan , grated
- 1 lemon , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the asparagus, lemon slices, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sea salt, ground black pepper, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese to the baking sheet.
Toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp on the outside and tender in the center.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.