So, I have to admit…when I first heard of smoothie bowls, I was a big skeptic.
I had a very hard time understanding why on EARTH would someone pour a smoothie into a bowl and then eat it with a spoon.
It just seemed so dang weird.
I mean…a spoon??
Then, I finally tried one for myself.
And another one.
And, well, another one.
Then, I made this one <— yum
And I kinda fell in love with smoothie bowls.
Now that I’ve got a good year or so of smoothie bowl “research” under my belt, let’s discuss why we should ALL be on the spoon-eating smoothie bowl train.
- SUPER easy to make
- Can add all sorts of fun toppings to customize
- So pretty!
- Add texture to your smoothie
- Smoothies and shakes never get boring – woot!
- The perfect use for those chia seeds and pepitas sitting in your pantry
- Clean eating goodness
Seriously: Smoothie bowls are pretty darn awesome and I’m so glad I finally went for it and tried my smoothie with a spoon!
If you haven’t tried them for yourself, I totally think you should. 🙂
Try this banana blueberry smoothie bowl for starters or my strawberry and peach smoothie bowl or any of my protein shakes and add whatever flavors and toppings you like to the top.
If you’d like to learn all about how to make a smoothie bowl, see this post, too!
One Pan Chicken Bruschetta
- 1/2 banana plus sliced banana for topping, frozen
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- pepitas for topping
- optional: raw honey to drizzle for additional sweetness
- In a blender, add the unsweetened almond milk, frozen banana, fresh blueberries, fresh blackberries, chia seeds, and full fat plain greek yogurt.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
- Add sliced banana, fresh blueberries, fresh blackberries, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and more chia seeds.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts