Hi, everyone! I’m excited today to share my favorite homemade pizza recipe with you.
Do you have a meal you feel you could make in your sleep? A meal you’ve made so many times that it has been perfected?
This pizza is that way for me. This is my absolute favorite pizza recipe I make. Each time I make it, I reminisce about the first time I made it many years ago when I wouldn’t have considered myself anything close to a “chef.” Funny how much time changes things.
I know it sounds weird, but baking this pizza is a calming experience for me. I guess it’s because I know it will come out delicious and flavorful. No surprises. No problems. No complaints. Just perfection. Hallelujah!
Just like with pesto, using alfredo sauce is a nice way to change up your normal tomato sauce-based pizza. We’re pizza eaters for sure, so a change is good every once in a while if it’s not too big!
Incidentally, the alfredo sauce for this recipe is really good. It’s thick and creamy so it works great for this pizza as well as fettuccine alfredo.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 package cream cheese softened and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 pizza crust
- Alfredo sauce see recipe above
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus extra to season chicken
- ½ tsp ground black pepper plus extra to season chicken
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves whole
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves julienned, for garnish
- For the Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, stirring with whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking until smooth. Stir in parmesan and pepper. Season with kosher salt, if needed. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken quickly.
- For the Pizza:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken breast generously with kosher salt and pepper. Cook chicken breast in skillet until no longer pink in the middle, about 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool and then slice into bite-size pieces. Set aside for later.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce (see recipe above) over the pizza dough, leaving about 1/2 inch around the outside edge for the crust. Sprinkle sauce with oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread the baby spinach leaves evenly across the pizza. Arrange the onion slices and sliced chicken over the spinach. Top with mozzarella slices.
- Place the pizza into the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust edges are golden and the cheese is melted. After taking the pizza out of the oven, allow it to cool for a few minutes so that the cheese has time to set. Garnish with fresh, julienned basil leaves if desired. Slice pizza and serve.