I’m writing this post on my phone as I sit on the couch feeding baby Hunter for his bedtime feeding.
Dustin is at the gym, working out with his brother. He should be home in about an hour.
The girls are in their bedroom, playing. They are supposed to be in their beds, quietly closing their little eyes and going to sleep. They are not supposed to be going through toys, playing with their “My Little Pony” stuffed animals or taking each other’s books and then crying about it. And then crying to me about it.
But they are. Sigh.
Then, much too slowly, the talking finally turns into sleep.
Except for the dishwasher.
At 9:42pm, Hunter is fast asleep and in his crib. The baby monitor now blares recorded crickets across the house.
Finally. Now, it’s my turn to get some things done!
First, I need to work out. So, I’ll take my pre-workout, start some stretching and get going. That should take an hour which will make it 11pm when I’m done. If Hunter doesn’t wake up crying in the meantime. I hate when that happens.
Then, at 11, I’ll work on editing photos and then writing my next blog post. Maybe check Facebook and Pinterest. Oh and I need to give Sean my feedback for the latest YouTube video so he can make any edits before it’s ready to be published.
Workout is done and it’s 11:34pm. I feel awesome – glad I got my workout in. Hunter woke up twice and needed to be rocked back to sleep. Of course!
Time to work on stuff for the blog. What recipe is next on my list? Oh – the Lemon-Herb Tilapia!
Man, that is a tasty recipe. And so easy.
Like too easy.
I love those recipes where you just throw some things together and it turns out to be delicious. And then it becomes part of your weeknight routine. This one is so good, easy and healthy — a great recipe for the blog.
Sweet! My post is almost complete.
It’s now 12:42am. Time to shower, watch a quick episode of Archer with Dustin, and then go to sleep.
- 2 6 oz. tilapia fillets
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 whole lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the tarragon, thyme, kosher salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Slice one of the lemons into thin slices (with peel on) and set aside, carefully removing any seeds.
- Cut the other lemon in half and squeeze onto the tilapia filets, coating them evenly with the lemon juice. Sprinkle the dried herb seasoning mixture over both sides of the tilapia.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the tilapia to the hot skillet and cook on medium-high for 3-5 min or until golden brown. Flip the fish over and add another lemon juice squeeze from the halved lemon. Lay the lemon slices flat on the skillet and/or fish and then place the skillet into the oven until cooked through and flaky, approximately 3-5 min.
- Serve fish with browned lemon slices as garnish.