A scoop or two of this rich and sweet Mango Sorbet is everything you need to cool down on a hot summer day! Make it without any added sugar or dairy, and with just 3 simple ingredients.
I know, I know… This blog is slowly turning into a Sorbet-bonanza but I just can’t help it. Sorbets are amazing! They cool you down and curb your sweet tooth. They’re good for you AND taste great.
If there’s a more refreshing summer dessert, please let me know because I still haven’t found one. And I’ve been looking, trust me!
I needed a little more variety this time and since I’ve been daydreaming of running off to a sandy beach and spending my days under a palm tree for weeks now (blast this summer heat!), so I’ve made myself my tropical retreat.
Sure, this easy-to-make Mango Sorbet would taste even better by the beach, but still. Follow this easy mango sorbet recipe and make it at home! You don’t need an ice cream maker, either!
HOW TO MAKE MANGO SORBET
Sorbets are really easy to make. Not only do they require just a few ingredients, but you can make them even if you don’t have an ice cream maker at home. This Mango Sorbet is made with whole ingredients, including fresh mangos, lime juice, and warm water. Yes, it’s possible to make a delicious dessert you’ll actually enjoy without any artificial sweeteners or sugar, but also without dairy.
Told you sorbets are amazing!
To make Mango Sorbet, follow these easy steps:
- Remove the skin of the mangos by either slicing off with a paring knife or pressing the side of a tall glass between the flesh and the skin of the mango.
- Lay out the mangos, separated, over a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the mango chunks until completely solid.
- Place the frozen mango into a food processor, along with lime juice and blend until smooth.
- If needed, add some warm water to help the process along.
You can eat it immediately or transfer into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours until firm.
IS MANGO SORBET HEALTHY?
When it comes to scrumptious desserts, there aren’t many (if any) healthier choices than a sorbet. This Mango Sorbet is made with fresh fruit and without an artificial sugar or dairy. Mangos are naturally sweet so you won’t even need to add any sweetener, not even raw honey!
Plus this mango sorbet recipe is gluten-free, lactose-free, artificial sugar-free… and yet so tasty! Mango sorbet is definitely one of my favorite desserts you can enjoy guilt-free while staying true to your healthy ways.
IS MANGO SORBET PALEO?
Because this Mango Sorbet only contains fresh mango, lime juice, and some warm water, it is a paleo recipe as well. Feel free to enjoy a scoop or two of Mango Sorbet if on a paleo diet. You’ll never miss ice cream again!
- 2 mangos, diced (approx. 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup warm water, as needed
- Dice the fresh mangos and then lay them out over a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the mango until completely solid, which should take at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may need to add a little warm water and press down with a spatula to help the process along.
- Eat immediately for a softer texture, or transfer into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
More Healthy Sorbet Recipes
Love sorbet? Want more? Check out these great options:
- Raspberry Sorbet
- Watermelon Sorbet
- Lemon Blueberry Sorbet
- Peach Sorbet
- 4 Easy Fruit Sorbets
- Cantaloupe Sorbet
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts