Is it even possible to be in a bad mood while eating nilla wafers? I don’t think so.
I mean – they’re called nilla wafers for crying out loud.
Heehee. So cute.
They’re like a childhood treat that tastes just like you remember them, every time.
Well you know what? They’re super easy to make. And even more delicious homemade, if I do say so myself.
I make these special to go with my banana pudding recipe (post coming soon!). Oh my, you wanna talk about being in a good mood! But these little crunchy wafers of vanilla goodness are plenty tasty just by themselves.
The cool thing about vanilla wafers is how amazingly simple they are to make. Go ahead – I bet you already have the 7 ingredients you need: butter, sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking powder and honey.
Am I right?
I hope you give these vanilla wafers a try. I also hope you make them with my banana pudding recipe which I’ll post next.
And I even more hope they bring a smile to your face as they do to ours.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the softened butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again, until everything is fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hand, form small 1-tbsp. sizes balls of dough and place on baking sheet, roughly 2 inches apart. Gently press down on the cookies until mostly flattened. You may need to moisten your hands with water to prevent sticking.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes until wafers are slightly browned. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes, then place on cooking rack.
- The longer the wafers sit, the crunchier they'll be.