I must admit that I, Lacey Baier, have not always liked sweet BBQ sauce.
In fact, I used to hate it. I mean…as much as one can hate BBQ sauce.
*Translation: I’d eat it but complain it was too sweet (much to my husband’s dismay).
But, something miraculous happened over the past couple of years: I started to develop a taste for it.
Nay — a preference — for it.
While I used to prefer a stronger, more acidic kinda sauce (like this one), I now like the sweeter, deeper flavored BBQ style.
Now, I also like my barbecue to have some heat. Not a lot. But some.
Enter this Sweet BBQ Sauce recipe. It’s sweet. It’s flavorful. It’s got some heat. It’s so very good.
Try it on keilbasa or ribs or tri-tip or wings or a spoon…I think you’ll enjoy it. We sure do!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the above ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine well.
- Refrigerate at least 15-20 minutes prior to using, if possible.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts