You probably could have guessed that, though, from my recent post on Halibut Picatta with Asparagus. Dustin, however, isn’t usually a big fan of lemon (despite what he’d probably tell you). He likes lemon to play a minor role in a dish, as opposed to having a dish bursting with tart lemony goodness. Therefore, I usually wind up not making many dishes that involve lemon at our house. However, the urge has just been too strong lately. The flood gates have opened.
Each time I make it, I’m shocked at how quickly it actually comes together. This dish can be a great weeknight dinner–or even lunch. That really is the beauty of a simple lemon, garlic and butter sauce. The flavors are much more subtle than your usual shrimp scampi, so it’s great for Dustin. Though, you can increase the amount of lemon if you like more of a kick (which is great for me!).
I serve this with some garlic bread and it’s great.
- 1 tbsp. plus 1½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup (approx. 2 lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add the 1 tbsp. kosher salt to a large pot of boiling water and cook the linguine for 7 to 10 minutes, until al dente (not fully tender but very close). Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large fry pan.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute until fragrant. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the shrimp, the remaining 1½ tsp. kosher salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp become pink and no longer translucent, about 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
- Serve over the cooked linguine or toss to combine, whichever you prefer.
Take control of your food
Get my FREE guide on How To Start Eating Clean!