Do you ever really want a home-cooked meal, but don’t want to hassle with making an elaborate side to go with your main protein?
We seem to always pin the protein down, but go completely blank when trying to decide on what side should go with it.
Often times, on busy and tired weeknights, this turns into scrapping the whole dinner and figuring something else out entirely.
But, there’s a simple solution that takes no time at all and you probably already have all the ingredients in your house right now.
<<BTW I’m totally curious if you do because it’s super possible.>>
These parmesan roasted green beans require just 5 ingredients and only 20 minutes to make. Seriously.
All you need is the following:
- fresh green beans
- sea salt
- olive oil
- garlic powder (could also used minced fresh garlic, but it’s easier to burn)
In just 20 minutes, you’ve got amazingly yummy green beans, hardly any clean-up (just throw out the parchment paper), and a happy family who got to enjoy a home-cooked, healthy, and delicious meal.
Don’t like green beans or only have a different veggie on hand?
No worries – this recipe works really well for most vegetables and starches…we’ve made it with carrots, red potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussels sprouts and a few others – the roasting time might vary a little here and there, but it’s still a great go-to recipe to tweak and make your own.
So…who has everything they need to make this recipe today without even going to the grocery store?
Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
Sharing in the comments below!
- 1 lb fresh green beans , trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp parmesan , grated (plus more for garnish)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the green beans, olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, and parmesan onto the baking sheet and toss to coat evenly.
- Next, spread the coated green beans out evenly over the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts