I realized I haven’t posted many sides for meals on this blog yet. I certainly make them — and eat them. So…why don’t I post about them? Hmm.
For this side, all you need is (1) carrots, (2) fresh thyme, (3) kosher salt and (4) ground black pepper. Told you it was easy! Roasting carrots brings out their natural sweetness, so not many additional seasonings are needed. If you feel like it, however, you could add a splash of balsamic vinegar, honey (or both!) or some sprigs of fresh rosemary to the carrots. Personally, I like them nice and simple.
Try to use carrots that are all roughly the same size and shape. This will make roasting easier as the carrots will more evenly cook.
- 10-12 whole unpeeled carrots, split lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. fresh whole thyme leaves (no stems)
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over carrots on the sheet pan. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Toss carrots until evenly coated with oil and seasonings. Arrange carrots on sheet pan.
- Toss fresh thyme leaves over carrots.
- Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden and tender.
Take control of your food
Get my FREE guide on How To Start Eating Clean!