Quaker Oats recently invited me to make some of my favorite overnight oats recipes.
Which meant I got to test out all sorts of overnight oats recipes. And then talk about them.
Which meant I did a little happy dance.
If you’ve never heard of overnight oats, they’re uncooked oats that you soak overnight (or for at least 4-5 hours) so they absorb all the liquid and flavors you put them in.
Because they’re so easy to make, overnight oats recipes have limitless opportunities for you to customize them the way you like them. I’ve made them just with cinnamon, raisins, and chia seeds, with peanut butter and chocolate, as a fresh peach cobbler, and also as this delicious banana nut overnight oats with walnuts recipe.
Oh my, the banana nut goodness that’s in this container right here.
Making overnight oats is kinda like a formula – you start with a 1:1 ratio of oats and milk, then you can add any ingredients you’d like to make a new version of overnight oats. Plus, they make the perfect healthy grab ‘n go breakfast!
Banana Nut Overnight Oats With Walnuts
When ready to eat, just remove from the refrigerator, stir well, and enjoy. You can enjoy this cold right out of the fridge (my preferred method), or you can heat it up in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes and enjoy hot.
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats Standard Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp plain fat free greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- Add the rolled oats and then the low-fat milk into a container that you will later place into the fridge overnight.
- Add 1 sliced banana, followed by the greek yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Top it off with the chopped walnuts and some more sliced banana.
- Seal the container or cover with saran wrap and place into the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 4-5 hours, for all the oats to absorb the tasty liquids and flavors. The longer the better since we really want those flavors to meld together and those oats to absorb all the liquid.
- When ready to eat, remove from the refrigerator, stir well and enjoy. You can enjoy this cold right out of the fridge, or you can heat it up in the microwave for approximately 2 minutes and enjoy hot.