Looking for a delicious grab and go breakfast that;s healthy and filling? This easy to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe is full of protein and rich chocolatey goodness!
Starting the day off with a nutritional boost gives you energy for the rest of the day.
And, eating an early morning meal packed with protein will help you make it to lunchtime without feeling hungry. So, when you eat overnight oats, instead of snacking on something not so healthy midway through the morning, you won’t be famished. You’ll sail right through to a nutritional lunch.
Another bonus of this overnight oats recipe is that the whole grain oats contain antioxidants, and the plain Greek yogurt and peanut butter provide protein and healthy fats. As well, almond milk provides calcium and vitamins.
Saving time is big in my books, too. Especially in the morning when I’ve got to get the kids out the door for school. And also, myself off to the gym.
This overnight oats recipe is perfect if you are on the meal prep train like I am! Put them together the night before, and they are ready to go when you open the fridge in the morning!
Simply put, these chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are sweet, sweet goodness. They satisfy, they are clean-eating, and make you smile. Umm, hmm!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATS
Making overnight oats takes just a few simple steps. Prep the ingredients and place in a blender to make your oats:
- Choice of milk (almond, coconut, dairy)
- Add the plain Greek yogurt and peanut butter
- Blend in the cocoa and banana
- Add your sweetener (I love pure maple syrup) and vanilla
- Stir in the oats (don’t blend!)
- Pour the mixture into the mason jar and close the cover
- Enjoy the next day topped with dark chocolate chunks
WHAT OATS ARE BEST FOR OVERNIGHT OATS?
This recipe calls for old fashioned rolled oats, also known as rolled oats. Don’t use quick oats because they will get soft and mushy sitting overnight. Steel cuts oats, on the other hand, will not absorb the liquid without being cooked.
Old fashioned rolled oats are the ideal consistency for this recipe. Prep the night before, and in the morning, these chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are creamy and flavorful. You just have to grab them and go. If you prefer to heat them in the microwave for a minute or two, you can. But, they are delicious when cold, too.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR OVERNIGHT OATS
You may want to substitute some of the ingredients if you have preferences or requirements. That is entirely possible:
- Switch peanut butter for another nut butter, like almond, cashew, macadamia, and walnut
- The almond milk can be switched for rice, coconut, dairy, or cashew milk
- If you have gluten-intolerance, be sure to buy oats specified as gluten-free and not processed or transported with grains
- Vary your toppings and use chocolate chunks or peanuts
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OVERNIGHT OATS VEGAN
Making this recipe vegan is easily done:
- Replace the honey with pure maple syrup
- Replace the plain Greek yogurt with a plant-based yogurt
- If topping with chocolate chunks, buy a vegan brand
WHAT ARE THE BEST CONTAINERS FOR CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATS?
I personally love these 16 oz mason jars for making chocolate peanut butter oats. They are just the right size and are easy when you are looking to grab-and-go.
A meal prep container works well, too. They are airtight and seal well.
To make your oats, follow the recipe and blend the ingredients. Start with the milk. Add the peanut butter and other recipe components, and mix. Then, add the oats. Overnight, the oats will work their magic to create the perfect make-ahead breakfast!
MORE EASY OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPES
Now that you have tried these fabulous chocolate overnight oats, you’ll want to try more! These are my fave recipes:
- Banana Nut Overnight Oats
- Cinnamon Raisin Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Fresh Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats
- Blackberry Cobbler Overnight Oats
- 6 Best Overnight Oats Recipes
Are you looking for a delicious grab and go breakfast? This easy to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe is full of protein and rich chocolatey goodness!
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional, but adds healthy fat, fiber, and protein)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- optional dark chocolate chunks, for garnish
Add all the ingredients except for the oats to a kitchen blender.
Blend until smooth.
Add the rolled oats and stir to combine. Do not blend. (You could also do this in a separate bowl, but this makes less dirty dishes.)
Pour the mixture into the mason jar, close, and then place into the fridge overnight or for at least 4-6 hours.
Top with dark chocolate chunks.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.